Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Decks

Decks

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:52 am

By Peterpan (Peterpan) on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 07:12 pm:

Hello everyone, hope you are all well!

I am looking for a set of Tarot cards to buy but it s so hard! I
don't seem to find any that I feel would suit me! I need
something sweet and angel like! Something dark and Gothic like!
I found the Dark Angels Tarot but still is not the one!
Do any of you know any?

B.B.

peterpan
TheWiseHedgewitch

Re: Decks

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:52 am

By Helen (Helen) on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 08:19 pm:

Hey Peter, how lovely to hear from you!
I'll ask my daughter about decks, she likes things a bit dark, so she may have some ideas. There's also a site about cards, where you can see some cards from a lot of different decks,it's called Aeclectic.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/

On the right hand side it allows you to search by "theme" so you try having a browse there?

Anyway, how are you? What have you been up to?
Blessings
Helen
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:53 am

By Agalasha (Agalasha) on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 08:39 pm:

Hi Peterpan!

I was just looking at cards, LOL! Saw "The Vampire Tarot of
Eternal Night" by Lo Scarabeo -- the illustrations are more
dreamy/dark than scary.

I don't know much about the different decks but you might give
it a try -- I was looking on Amazon but likely Llewellyn
publishers too as its Lo Scarabeo. You might be able to scan
through a few samples.

Cheers and BB
*a
TheWiseHedgewitch

By Wildwood (Wildwood) on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 12:01 am:

Hi PeterFriend,
I know very little about Tarot so I cannot offer any advice - but - super to know that you are hanging around. Please keep in touch.

B.B.
Wildwood
TheWiseHedgewitch

By Peterpan (Peterpan) on Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 03:37 pm:

Hi Helen thanks for your help and information,how are you? I too like things a bit dark sweet dreamy like! For some time I've been thinking of doing myself a set of Tarot cards for I am an artist too, but I have so MUCH work to do and also a life to take care of and at the same time I have the feeling that am still green and not wise enough to draw a set of cards.You have to know your limits! It s not the drawing but the knowledge! I am coming to England soon for an exhibition though and I d like you all to know, I ll bring my sanctuary over there and I hope that some of you will come to visit the exhibition, at least the ones who are living in England!I will then leave my email address here so that those who are interested can contact me!I hope you will! Thank you Agalasha, I was looking into Amazon, there s some interesting decks but sometimes it s just too much like a ´cartoon`if you know what I mean.
To scan might be also a possibility, that s true!
Hi Wildwood, don't worry about that, that very little is a big thing, I am sure for it is a feeling!;)And I will never leave here!I ll be back soon! Take good care! peteryours ;)
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:52 am

I can't give you any further answers PeterPan, more than what's been written already because I only have one deck myself.

In a follow up from a conversation I had years ago with Helen, I've finally remembered which one it is. It's the Sacred Circle Tarot by Anna Franklin. :)

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/sacred-circle/index.shtml#cards

After looking through the aeclectic website though, it looks like I have 2 sets of Oracle cards as well, the Moon Oracle and the Celtic Tree Oracle. Can anyone tell me the difference between Tarot and Oracle cards?
May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

)O(
Tylluan

PostAuthor: Helen » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Tylluan wrote: ... Can anyone tell me the difference between Tarot and Oracle cards?

Hi Tylluan, thanks for the chance to chat about Tarot :)
Tarot decks are derived from a continental card game, using a deck with 78 cards, and where some cards "trump" over others, something like 'Bridge' perhaps? So all tarots have either a full deck of 78 cards, or have only the one suit of trumps, 22 cards, and these decks are mostly referred to as 'majors only' decks.
Oracle decks are any other type of pack of cards which is used for diviantion. So I guess you could describe an ordianry deck as an oracle, if you read fortunes with playing cards. Or, as you've seen, there are loads (hundreds maybe?) of specially made decks, often with a theme running through them, made especaily to read with. Some people use only one kind of deck, some both. I have some of each :)

Always happy to chat about cards!

Blessed Be
Helen
Always learning, as the wheel turns.
Helen

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:43 am

Thanks for the answer there, Helen. I guess now all I have to do is learn how to use my one deck of Tarot and my two decks of Oracle!

Can I ask another question though? When you started, did it come naturally/instinctively/intuitively or did you have to 'learn' it? I'm not afraid of hard work, but I'm not sure where to start either ;)

Hey ho, another day in the life ... :lol:
May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

)O(
Tylluan

PostAuthor: Helen » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:12 pm

Hiya :) No it wasn't all instinctive, although I have always liked cards, playing solitaire, that sort of thing, so I felt comfortable with cards.
For the Tarot, I started with a very simple book, and did a course that's avaliabel free on line by Joan Bunnings, might be called "Learn Tarot" I could check for you if you'd like? There are groups where you can do the course together, or you can work through it on your own. The course is based around Rider Waite style decks, and not everyone likes her style or interpretations, but I found it a good place to start.

Learning to use an oracle is much more individual though, as each deck is different. I'm not proficient with all of mine, but take part in a monthly oracle reading group, were we all read without the boooks, for a partner, and give feedback, ask questions and so on, to get to grips with them. It's sometimes daunting, but fun.

Must dash now, meal time, be back later if you'd like to talk some more :)

Blessed Be
Always learning, as the wheel turns.
Helen

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:22 pm

Thanks for that Helen. To be honest, I think I am intimidated by the idea of Tarot and Oracle cards. I don't know why. Doing candle spells and casting circles, I'm ok with. I can read about them in books but actually doing it for real? I think I've got a "Witch's Block" if there is such a thing.

Basically, any help, tips or advice that you can give will be GREATLY appreciated!

Hope you had a lovely meal :)

)O(
Tylluan

Next

Return to Tarot