Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Spreads

Spreads

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:09 pm

By Helen (Helen) on Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 01:50 pm:

Thought we might have a thread for sharing spreads, or talking about how a spread works or doesn't for you, or whatever!

Harvest Walk

They are cutting the wheat and barley in the fields near my home today. Storm clouds are gathering, so I guess they want to get as much done as they can before it rains; they cut during the last night too I thnk.

So I went for a walk, thinking I could sit peacefully at the edge of a corn field and feel the energy of all that, only to find the stubble, and the baler just finishing up on the straw! Yellow golden leaves were falling from the Poplar tree, and a lot of the summer plants and grasses have already gone to seed. Ah well.

So, I did a reading, which is the for harvest time.
I'm sharing the spread here, in case anyone would like it.

Card 1 - Leaves - what needs to fall
Card 2 - Fruit - what needs to be saved
Card 3 - Seeds - what may come again another year

base card - the last warm soil of summer - what underlies

I came back with a bunch of wheat, barley, wild oats, grasses, and poppy seed heads, all cut from the field edges where the combine had left them.

Blessings of the turning year to all
Helen
TheWiseHedgewitch

Re: Spreads

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:09 pm

By Chicory (Chicory) on Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 09:22 pm:

thanks for sharing, helen! the farmer won't come cut hay again for another month yet in our pasture(s) and his/her corn down the road is about 4ft tall, so not ready yet. altho' the asters are starting to make appearances here. i'll have to try this spread; i'm certain if i rummage around enuff, i'll find a harvesty one for my celtic cards.

bb
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:10 pm

By Helen (Helen) on Monday, August 2, 2010 - 10:19 am:

Four foot tall? Is this sweetcorn? Here any grain field can get called 'corn' although they do actually grow a bit of sweetcorn around here now :)
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:10 pm

By Chicory (Chicory) on Monday, August 2, 2010 - 08:50 pm:

sorry about the confusion...yes, sweetcorn! i actually tried to grow some colored indian corn last year and got puny results...that was probably more about me not attending to it properly rather than the seeds' viability...after about mid-july all i want to do is sit on the front porch in a rocking chair and eat an endless supply of frozen blueberries...sigh.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:11 pm

By Bluebell (Bluebell) on Monday, August 9, 2010 - 07:41 pm:

Hello all,I haven't posted for about 6 years..but have looked in whenever I could..I'm techno phobic (and techno rubbish!)so it's taken me this long before the lovely Merissa helped me!Helen,that tarot spread sounds lovely,and as I have a lot going on at the mo,and a decision to make,I will do it in the next few days,either in our little garden or nearby lovely wooded area.Hope to chat more with you all soon
BB
TheWiseHedgewitch

By Bluebell (Bluebell) on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 03:57 pm:

Hi again,I wondered if any of you could shed any light on this...I did the 4 card spread Helen mentioned,the 1st card was leaves,what needs to fall,I got strength,2nd card King of pentacles,3rd,6 0f swords,and 4th,underlying,the Hermit (the last one especially made a lot of sense as I'm retraining to do a different job,and I really am obsessed with learning,especially as new course (s) start soon,and it'll take me a year,maybe 2,to get the qualifications I need)any comments anyone?I'm so rubbish at tarot,I can't keep meanings in my head,I have to look them up every time
BB
TheWiseHedgewitch

By Helen (Helen) on Friday, August 20, 2010 - 09:44 pm:

Hi Bluebell, nice to meet you here.
I am a bit frantic with work right now, but will take a few quiet minutes when I can to take a look at your reading, and see what might come to mind. Can you tell me what pack you used? No worries if not, but some packs have a different "feel" to them if you know what I mean?

Prod me if I don't get back here, okay?

Blessings
Helen
TheWiseHedgewitch

Return to Tarot