Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 4 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Witch Space

For questions, comments, wisdom and photos of your altar - your personal sacred space.

Witch Space

PostAuthor: lucian » Sun May 05, 2013 4:29 am

As a new member of the RC, I thought I would share my ritual space setup with you all. To be honest, I've never had this much space to work indoors before, but living alone and not having a sofa or a tv are good things it seems when looking for ritual space. In other situations, I've always had to project my circle sitting down through visualization and muscle tightening so I'm pretty happy with this I have to say.

The circle is just outlined with thin, flexible cotton twine. No it's not perfect but it's not supposed to be. It's simply a guide for me when I am casting in candlelight to know where my boundaries should be. It's also very temporary because I rent my flat and really don't want my real estate agents walking in on this when they do their 6 monthly inspections!

I've also added a closeup of my altar for anyone who might be interested. I don't usually have so much stuff on it but I thought I would make it look 'complete' for the photo. It was actually quite bare the other night when I performed my Samhain ritual. And yes I'm in Australia :)

Anyway, what do you guys do? Care to share any ideas you have or even photos of your setup?

BB,
Lucian (O)
circle_small.jpg
circle_small.jpg (253.32 KiB) Viewed 5299 times

altar_small.jpg
altar_small.jpg (253.33 KiB) Viewed 5299 times
Bright Blessings,
Lucian (O)
lucian

Re: Witch Space

PostAuthor: Moonhare » Mon May 06, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi Lucien
it looks very inviting, your lucky to have such indoor space, mine has to be visualised but it works for me as it's all I have known.
We have just celebrated Beltane here in the UK & spring has finally sprung, (even though we thought it was turning into perpetual winter)! The bluebells are out in the woods near me & it is truly a sight to behold!
Think your altar looks fab, thanks for sharing & welcome to the site!

Bright Blessings Moonhare )O(
May you touch Dragonflies & Stars, dance with Fairies & talk to the Moon...
Moonhare

PostAuthor: lucian » Tue May 07, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi Moonhare
Thanks for your kind words :).
It is very inviting. So much so there hasn't been a day where I haven't used it.
I think visualising everything is excellent actually because we carry all we need with us and it rids us of our dependencies on physical objects. Still, it's nice to give the physical a try for a change. While I have it I'm going to make the most of it. Everything is fleeting after all.
Sounds like you had a nice Beltane. A wood full of bluebells must be lovely. One day I will get my butt over to the UK and stop living vicariously on the travels of my friends. I have family over there around Newcastle and some over in Ireland that I should probably go see before they all die out on me!
Bright Blessings,
Lucian (O)
lucian

PostAuthor: Moonhare » Thu May 09, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi Lucian
you should try & visit the UK & Ireland, I live about 40 minutes from Glastonbury with it's Tor & amazingly quirky high street of shops selling all things Wiccan, we have spent many a happy hour wandering the shops picking up incense, candles & all things "Witchy", it's an amazing place & from the top you get a 360deg view of the surrounding village & farmland, many years ago before the series of irrigation rhines were dug the planes used to flood & the Tor was known as the Isle of Avalon as it rose up out of the flood water, I bet it was an amazing site with the mist swirling around.
I hope you do get to visit as we do have some amazing sites like stone henge & the chalk horse & some incredibly old buildings as well as some beautiful countryside.

B.B
Moonhare )O(
Moonhare

PostAuthor: lucian » Fri May 10, 2013 8:24 am

hehe there is no fear of me missing Glastonbury Tor, Stonehenge or the White Horse of Uffington, Moonhare. I've been reading of these things for decades. It must be nice to live only 40 mins from them, it sounds beautiful!
All I can claim is having the sea 5 minutes walk east at the end of my street, and the forested mountains are about 10 mins on the bus going west. Wollongong is kind of unique in that way and not such a bad place to live. A small, rural city sandwiched between the mountains and the sea.
Bright Blessings,
Lucian (O)
lucian

PostAuthor: Moonhare » Sun May 12, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi Lucian
I visited the Bluebell woods again today so I have put some photos on the Botanicals section if you want to see them...
BB Moonhare )O(
Moonhare

PostAuthor: bgillis101 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:25 pm

I have a very limited space, as many also have to deal with. I read somewhere that all alters should face North, but I have no north wall and no space for free standing. I am rather new to all things ritual, so I don't know if this will really hamper me. I have to visualize my circle also, so I just place my the picture of my alter inside the visualized circle. Any suggestions or comments welcome!
My path is more like a Hokey Pokey.
bgillis101

PostAuthor: Hazel » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:26 am

Hi bgillis101, I used to have my Alter set up in the front room, which caused some problems with the extended family especially my small grand-children's fingers,lol. so I moved it up to my bedroom which is south east facing, selecting north facing is a problem due to the set up of the room, I want my Alter to be up permanently, so when I need to use it for big workings I move it to a more roomy area. My circle is imaginary for the workings. but in my room the alter is set up on a movable tray at an odd angle as I have set it up to face North. I do not always cast a circle for each working, only for special celebrations or difficult workings, as I have encircled the whole house and keep these refreshed regularly. and yes they do encompass the neighbors property a little being circular.

B.B.
Hazel
Hazel

PostAuthor: bgillis101 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:19 am

Thanks for your insight. I don't know why, but I never thought of encompassing the whole house in a protected circle. I like your idea of a movable alter, so I may work on that. I am celebrating Imbolc is solitary fashion but am glad for this resource.

Blessings!

Gillian
My path is more like a Hokey Pokey.
bgillis101

Return to Altars