Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Birds!

For any information or photos regarding animals, familiars, guides etc.

Birds!

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Thu May 03, 2012 12:42 pm

How many of you have a Totem bird? Or a familiar bird? And what are they?

Reading through various posts by different Witches, Wiccans, Shamans, Druids, etc, there seem to be only a few types of birds that people related to on this topic. I can honestly say I haven't seen anyone say that their totem is the Mallard Duck! Now I can only talk about birds native to the British Isles and Europe but what about those of you from further afield? What birds are local to you?

What are your thoughts on this subject? Do you believe that only a certain type of bird will make itself known to us? Do you think that you are more receptive to the images of some types of birds compared to others?

All discussion welcomed
Attachments
britishbirds_l[1].jpg
British Birds
britishbirds_l[1].jpg (99.43 KiB) Viewed 2943 times
May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

)O(
Tylluan

Re: Birds!

PostAuthor: Wildwood » Thu May 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Well .... I suppose I have an affinity for crows, (and other members of the Corvus family). If I'm in the garden there is one that flies down and struts around. Maybe it is waiting for me to stir up some wriggling titbit but I like to think that if it could talk it would share a few words of its wisdom.

B.B.

Wildwood
Wildwood
Site Admin

PostAuthor: Hazel » Sat May 05, 2012 12:04 pm

I suppose mine is the Robin as I have a family that share the gardening with me and they always show off their young when they arrive and start to fly. I think I mensioned once before I have a robin whom always sits on the garden fork while I'm digging with it, I'm sure he thinks he's helping me instead it sort of causes problems as I have to use the lower end of the fork and not the handle where he is pearched, he makes use of my kitchen if the door is open. lol. and sometimes will even sit on my shoulder although not to often.
B.B

Hazel
Hazel

PostAuthor: Gravely » Sat May 05, 2012 9:39 pm

I always seem to see a lot of wagtails, yellow and pied, when I'm out and about. The way they swoop and wag their tail feathers seems to inspire an intense joy in me.

Gravely

PostAuthor: Skywalker (Deceased) » Wed May 09, 2012 4:26 am

We have large flocks of Mute Swans down in Jamaica Bay but they are sort of the Lords and Ladies of the Bay and don't really commune with lesser beings like mortals. They sail majestically about the Bay and ignore everyone else. : c)

Brightest Blessings,

Jim
Skywalker (Deceased)

Return to Animals & Familiars