Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Talking to the birds

For any information or photos regarding animals, familiars, guides etc.

Re: Talking to the birds

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:17 am

By Freyawyche (Freyawyche) on Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 03:02 am:

Wildwood- sometimes I am blue as you are so far away. Your life is so interesting and full. What a blessing to have swan babies!

Two years ago I was visiting my mother in Maryland. The area used to be all farm land and has some farms still intact amongst the housing developments, so there is still wildlife about. We were driving home from shopping and I rounded a sharp turn. As we came out of the turn on the narrow round my mother and I both gasped aloud simultaneously and were sort of horrified : Someone had obviously hit a deer and had pulled it up onto the grassy hillside at the side of the road. About twenty crows were all on top of the carcass, pecking and eating away. I have never been horrified and amazed like this at the same time! My second thought was so instantaneous- OH! The Morrighan lives! I used to work with Her a lot when I first entered the wiccan path and once opened my front door to find a huge beautiful crow feather on the mat immediately in front of my door. I have a large covered front porch, so the crow must have been on my doormat. A true blessing, but the Morrighan- She is a bit creepy at times. Anyone else ever work with Her?
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:12 pm

Hey there Mr Wildwood.

Have you got any further news on your swan babies? I guess they're teenagers by now! Did they all survive?

News please!

bb
May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

)O(
Tylluan

PostAuthor: Hazel » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:59 pm

I'm guilty here I have not spent to much time looking into the deities and until recently I have not heard of Morrighan.

but I have a snippet about a pigeon who frequents my garden.
I found her one day laying under the bushes and was surprised when she just let me pick her up, on examination, she had a broken leg, I carried her into the house and fixed her up with four matchsticks and a bright red hair ribbon the only one available laid her in a lined old boot box fed and watered her for a couple of weeks, we had a small log cabin where I placed her out side,
she disapeared for a while then flew in through the kitchen door and pecked at the ragged ribbon I took it off and she flew away.

The next August she returned with a fledling but it looked odd I couldn't think why until a few weeks later I realised that it was a crow she seemed to have adopted.
a few weeks later I found a Staff in the woods I wanted a Crows feather to decorate it, so when the pigeon came to visit, I asked her if she could ask the crow for a feather and told her why I wanted it, she flew off and they both returned and sat on the garden table where the crow preened himself then they left, I found the feather as soon as he had gone.

They might have a different language but they understand us better, than I think we do them. :o

B.B. Hazel
Last edited by Hazel on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hazel

PostAuthor: Wildwood » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:46 am

Tylluan asked about the Swan babies some time back, for some reason I missed the post. Three hatched, three are now great big ugly ducklings. Next moult and they will be ready for Swan Lake. Excellent.

Hazel, you confirm my thoughts about crows -there was some discussion earlier in this topic - there is definitely something special about them!

The Morrighan - now there is a topic that we really haven't covered properly in this forum. I must go and do a bit of research.

B.B.
Wildwood
Wildwood
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Animals & Familiars