Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 5 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: Baidu [Spider] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Grimalkin!

For any information or photos regarding animals, familiars, guides etc.

Grimalkin!

PostAuthor: Moonhare » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Just thought I would share a bit of witch's cat info I found:
A Witch's cat came to be known as a Grimalkin, the scottish Goddess of Witches was known as " Mither o the Malkins", a Malkin being either a cat or a hare.
Originally a Grimalkin was a Grey cat, later the term came to refer to the pussies or silver catkins on a pussy willow as well as to a Witch's cat.
I find this so interesting as my own cat is grey & he is a rescue cat that we always felt chose us as we went to the rescue centre to help a friend choose a dog, saw Arch & fell in love. He already had 3 people interested in him so we joined the queue to be his new owners. One by one the other parties all failed their home checks for one reason or another, and so he became our cat!
He is very naughty, not at all gratefull that we "rescued" him & very interested in helping me with rituals, usually by skittering all my collected stuff onto the floor & under the cooker.......!
I have tried to attach some pics of him, hope it works I'm a bit new to this! Enjoy my boy!
B.B Moonhare :)
arch 2.jpg
arch 2.jpg (119.76 KiB) Viewed 5051 times
Attachments
arch 3.jpg
arch 3.jpg (103.67 KiB) Viewed 5051 times
cat 4.jpg
cat 4.jpg (79.92 KiB) Viewed 5051 times
May you touch Dragonflies & Stars, dance with Fairies & talk to the Moon...
Moonhare

Re: Grimalkin!

PostAuthor: Skywalker (Deceased) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:21 pm

Hi, Moonhare,

Thank you for introducing Arch to us. I think he makes a fine Grimalkin.

Nice pictures. Animals are always difficult to shoot. They just won't stand still.

My favorite, tho, is just his tail. Very secretive and mysterious, as befits a Witch's cat.

Brightest Blessings,

Jim
Skywalker (Deceased)

PostAuthor: Hazel » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi Moonhare he looks just purrfect, I too loved just the tail it does make him more mysterious

B.B.
Hazel
Hazel

PostAuthor: Moonhare » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi guys
thanks for your replies, I have removed the bird feeders now as he used to wait in the tree & catch them... :( His best record to date is a sparrow hawk, a collared dove & a magpie......! I managed to save the first 2 & my local animal sanctuary took them for me. His nickname is "the slayer" as i'm afraid he is a leathal killer of mice, voles & birds, but we still love him, he is quite possibly the grumpiest cat in the world!

B.B.
Moonhare
Moonhare

PostAuthor: Skywalker (Deceased) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:26 pm

Hi, Moonhare,

Arch sounds like quite the Warrior. Still, I'm glad you removed the bird feeders.

In one of my several worlds, Nature Photographers often put up feeders to attract the birds and then get pictures of them.

But the feeders attract birds, as they're supposed to, and the birds attract hawks and hawks kill birds.

In the many worlds, we look for beauty and grace, sometimes find suffering and death (says the man with a Hawk for an avatar).

Blessed Be,

Jim
Skywalker (Deceased)

PostAuthor: Moonhare » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:42 pm

Hi Jim,
I know what you mean, it's hard when he brings in beautiful birds, but it's nature for them Isn't it, although I have to admit the sparrow Hawk in my kitchen was a shock, it was displaying it's feathers trying to make itself as big & threatening as possible I only wish I had seen Arch wrestling it through the cat flap, it's a bit small for him getting through by himself & the hawk was bigger than him, maybe I need to look out for a barriatric cat flap!
The hawk rescue man who came to collect it said it had probably been injured & that Arch had found it on the ground & brought it home, it made a full recovery thank goodness!
B.B
Moonhare :)
Moonhare

PostAuthor: Skywalker (Deceased) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:28 am

Hi,Moonhare.

It sounds like Arch is a rescue cat in more ways than one! Good for him. :)

Brightest Blessings,

Jim
Skywalker (Deceased)

PostAuthor: OldOmen » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:57 am

He's gorgeous, I love that he seemed to pick you.
OldOmen

PostAuthor: ArleneHoppie » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:02 am

Hey thanks for sharing this information.I always get fascinated after reading such information.

replacement inks

ArleneHoppie

PostAuthor: Hazel » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Yes Jim the wild life world is harrowing, as a younger person I would cry and fight to rescue any trapped or injured animal or bird. our house was a minagerie, my parents thought I would work as or in a vets, but I spend two weeks on an apprentis scholar work experience in the vets and cried my self stupid and was told to find something more suitable.

The older I got my sensibilites changed. nature seems as cruel as it is beautiful, but it is only the humans that are really cruel, all wild life kill to survive, pets kill out of boredom. the moden day human breeds to eat the meat, use the hides for clothing, footwear and handbags. or kill for sport, or cull because they do not want to be burdened by animals living close to humans instead of feeling honored that the animals wish to live in harmony.

Locally we have posters for three young teenage boys 18- 20 yrs, who are steeling pet dogs and placing them in a ring with a specialy bread killer dog, the police came aware of these i'd say animals but that is an insult, monsters then, when a man walking his dog spotted a youth following him home then the next morning he found a sticker attached to his house wall, walking to work he looked at his neighbours houses those that had dogs had stickers he spoke to them and found one family had their house broken into and only the dog was missing. an evening later alerted the man watched out for these men and came across two swinging a dog by its tail into a lamp post, he took a snap on his mobile picked up his dog and run home and phoned the Police. there have been others photographing these monsters but no one seems to know them.

now that is cruel.
so far the police have been unable to find them despite the posters, we do not know if they are local or drive over to our town.

sorry rant over.

B.B
Hazel

and yes I still love all animals, I fear spiders but can't abide some one squashing them. Hubby catches them and walks them up the garden lol
Hazel

Next

Return to Animals & Familiars