Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Celtic & Irish Symbolism

For any topic that you have, or would like to have, in your own Book of Shadows.

Celtic & Irish Symbolism

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:08 am

For those that have an interest in the Celtic path, this information is quite good.

http://www.irishcentral.com/roots/explo ... 1&at_pos=0
May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

)O(
Tylluan

Re: Celtic & Irish Symbolism

PostAuthor: Morwenn » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:26 pm

I have found this bit of information particularly interesting:
Celtic Cross:
Symbol for Celtic Christianity that combines the traditional Christian cross with a ring through the cross’s intersection. Also referred to as the High Cross, the Irish Cross and the Cross of Iona. The ring is considered a solar symbol of energy, a life source.

My husband bought me a Celtic Cross many years ago in a Brussels gallery. It's the most beautiful Celtic Cross I ever saw and I wear it every day. It has become my companion and also some kind of talisman. It traveled with me as far as to India. But I also wore it when I had a bad accident nine years ago and was in need of surgery. It accompanies me in good and bad days, but that's what life eventually is.
Le principal est d'arriver à faire une vie heureuse et riche de son incarnation présente.
Morwenn

Re: Celtic & Irish Symbolism

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:44 pm

I know what you mean, Morwenn. For me, the symbol that has been with me (long before Charmed came out!) is the Triquetra. But also the spiral plays a big part in my life.
Triquetra/Trinity Knot

The most common knot. Unity and trinity of soul, heart and mind. Three distinct yet interlocked levels: physical, mental and spiritual

Triple Spiral

The triple spiral of life shows the continuity of life, and how it travels in cycles. As with the triskel, the existence of “the three” stands for mind, body, spirit; birth, death, rebirth.
May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

)O(
Tylluan

Return to Book of Shadows