Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 14 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 13 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: Majestic-12 [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

My First Litha - any ideas?

Re: My First Litha - any ideas?

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:36 pm

By Chicory (Chicory) on Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 04:51 am:

hi annette:

do let us know about the stone circle! sounds great! the soil here is pretty poor, too, but a few native herbs are doing OK in it. i've got a window box with mugwort, sage and catnip and a large pot on the front porch with boxwood basil and variegated lemon thyme. the trick is not to let it fry in the morning sun which hits our front porch until about noon or so.

bb
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:36 pm

By Freyawyche (Freyawyche) on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 04:01 am:

Annette : Don't give up on the container gardening...It is about all I can do now. I have a huge yard with grass and massive trees. The problem is along with massive trees come massive roots! I really have to stick to my plants in pots but have come to love it. I find my relationship to the plants changes over the summer as I watch the seeds sprout and I move the pots from one spot to another as I see they prefer differing amounts of sun and breeze. They become my little friends and I swear I feel their life growing and they become what the Creator meant them to be. Especially my Violas! They are so tiny and delicate and strangely beautiful, and BOY! do they ever take off and grow when they are happy. I REIKI all my plants when I come home from work at night (11pm) and I have a Jasmine plant (my second) that just started blooming today! The first one was Diana. I had her from the time she had 3 leaves and she supplied bowlfuls of blossoms and jasmine oil over the years. She eventually died from being rootbound. Now I have her daughter Aradia (Look up the Goddess Diana on our Rae Beth site under deity. We have a lot of material on Diana). So my plant Aradia is about 2 feet high and one foot wide. I surround them with magickal energy and bless them and thank them for their glory as often as I think of it. My neighbors and friends even sneak into my backyard to spy on my potted garden. So keep up the good work, encourage those wee lives in the pots! P.S. - this post is a bit chatty- sorry. I am tired from a long day. BB.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:37 pm

By Merissa (Merissa) on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 08:26 am:

Freyawyche, we all love it when you're chatty! Sorry to hear you're tired though. Blessed Litha to you and all your plants!
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:37 pm

By Annette (Annette) on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 08:11 pm:

Container gardening! Sounds great, can pick it up and travel with it...we're thinking of moving so it would be perfect. Plus you can move them round the garden so the garden is always changing. Thank you so my Chicory and Freyawyche for the idea.

We went to a small stone circle and cairn, it was wonderful. Unfortunately the cloud blocked the sun's rays but we knew when it came up..We saw a tiny brown mouse who wasn't at all shy, and we left him several scraps. Then there was a toad who came out to look at us. Numerous birds, sheep and unfortunately midge! We lit some candles, shared a chalice of mead and left a bright yellow flower for the lady who had been buried in the cairn so long long ago.
It was magical.
I hope everyone has enjoyed the solstice
BB xx
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:38 pm

By Freyawyche (Freyawyche) on Saturday, June 26, 2010 - 12:53 am:

I am soooo jealous! Sounds like a perfectly wonderful time.
TheWiseHedgewitch

Previous

Return to Litha Rituals & Correspondences