Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 14 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 14 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Simple Imbolc Ritual

Simple Imbolc Ritual

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:27 am

Preparations

Make Solar (equal armed) Crosses out of palm fronds, rushes, or grain stocks, enough for each room in the house or use something that reminds you of Imbolc, Brigid etc.

Ritual

Light a white candle and open the front door to welcome the Goddess and the coming of Spring. Close the door and take the candle to each room asking that the lady enter with light and watch over the room. Leave a solar cross behind, and lastly enter the kitchen. Say:

"Mother of the Earth and Sun, Keep us safe and keep us warm. Bless this home with love and plenty to be sown."
May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

)O(
Tylluan

Re: Simple Imbolc Ritual

PostAuthor: Southernwood » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:00 pm

A lovely ritual Tylluan, I'm going to send this onto a friend; he'll love it.

Last year I used a similar one but I opened all the curtains/blinds and took a candle to each window to let the light shine out into the darkness and now that you've reminded me I'm going to let the lights blaze out again this year!

Southernwood

PostAuthor: Morwenn » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:21 pm

I love this simple ritual, Tylluan! :D Did you write it yourself?

I hope to perform it soon when we move into our new home.

Imbolc blessings,
Morwenn
Le principal est d'arriver à faire une vie heureuse et riche de son incarnation présente.
Morwenn

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:02 am

Hi Morwenn

I'm going to be 100% honest here and say that I can't remember if I wrote it or if it was something that I had read. I've been doing it for so long, I don't even think about it anymore as it is now natural and part of me, if that makes any sense! I mean, I do think about what I'm doing but I don't have to worry about the words or doing it "correctly".

Going now, before I confuse myself even further!
May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

)O(
Tylluan

PostAuthor: bgillis101 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:54 am

I have been going back and forth on just how big to go with my ritual. I am from the old school,"go big or go home", lol. But I have to say this really strikes a cord with me. It feels entirely appropriate for this year, this time, this day. This site continues to enrich me.

Big Blessings!
Gillian
My path is more like a Hokey Pokey.
bgillis101

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:26 pm

Everyone works in their own way. Some "go big" and have a full blown ritual, with circle cast, ceremony, you name it. I don't feel comfortable working that way and have found, for me, the simple, uncomplicated way is best. I guess that says a lot about me ;)

)O(
Tylluan

Return to Imbolc Rituals & Correspondences