Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 17 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 17 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

What are you doing for Imbolc this year?

What are you doing for Imbolc this year?

PostAuthor: Morwenn » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:15 pm

What is everybody doing for Imbolc/Candlemas this year?

I am using Rae's book 'The Hedge witch's way' as a guideline, with a small alteration here and there.

Rae suggests 3 ways of celebrating: a middle earth, an underworld and an upperworld ritual.

Middle earth: It seems that I have already started spring cleaning since I am packing up and sorting out our whole household because we are moving early february. Things that have been untouched for two years (clothes, books, writings, magazines), are given away for recycling.

Underworld: I will try to visit a nearby spring and offer a candle in the nearby chapel as a 'thank you' to the genius loci, because I really enjoyed living here, but I need to move along as well. Roman Catholicism and pagan customs are very intertwined where I live, so I tap into that energy. Over the years I have discovered that this is what really works for me - riding the hedge, walking the thin line between them.

Upperworld: I will perform a small house blessing and offer some prayers when we have safely arrived in our new home. That will not be before february 9th, but that's fine. To me the Imbolc season streches from february 1st to approximately february 11th, when the sun reaches 15° Aquarius.

I 'd love to hear from you :)

Imbolc blessings,
Morwenn
Le principal est d'arriver à faire une vie heureuse et riche de son incarnation présente.
Morwenn

Re: What are you doing for Imbolc this year?

PostAuthor: Nick O'Connor » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:01 am

Hi Morwenn

For the first time ever, I went to an open ritual to celebrate Imbolc alongside bards, druids, other Wiccans and shamans and it was great to celebrate together.

The ritual was not biased towards any one group, but involved candles, a magic circle, the planting of new seeds and general prayers to the Maiden Goddess. It was held in a yew grove in a public space. Everyone involved had speaking parts and, although I'll be carrying out a personal Imbolc ritual tomorrow, I feel more confident about expressing my beliefs in public.

Perhaps there is really is an interface between the path of the hedge witch and that of a moot.

Blessed be.

Nick O'Connor
Nick O'Connor

Return to Imbolc Greetings