Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 12 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Circle Casting

Re: Circle Casting

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 pm

By wood-bee-witch on Tuesday, March 2, 2004 - 10:59 pm:

Bonnie, this is going to sound really silly but how do you visualise transferring the power from your belly to your hand? I cant seem to do this in a way that flows naturally if you see what I mean.
I can visualise and feel the energy in my belly quite strongly when I am practicing but I seem to get stuck here.
BB
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:37 pm

By bonnie on Wednesday, March 3, 2004 - 02:35 pm:

Not a silly question at all - I got stuck at the same spot & with teeth-gritting determination tried to draw a line up my torso, to shoulder, & down my arm, & broke a sweat. Then I figured that the belly is a chakra, & so are the palms of the hand. One of the metaphysical laws is that Like Attracts Like. What I did then was to just casually think of the palms of my hands for a moment & direct my gaze to the hand I'll use to cast with. Power is moved by the eye (hence we have the idea of the evil-eye). It worked. Just thinking of the palms of the hands causes the energy to go there.

Another way to cast circle would be to not even go 'round and 'round the rim with the hand/athame, but to stand in the center and visualize your aura expanding to create the circle. This is similar to what Rae describes in her books for protection & sealing the aura with blue light. I've found it works quite well for the circle, & it's what I'll use if I'm just sitting in front of my altar for whatever reason or for meditation. I'll imagine my aura fills the room, then shrink it back to the desired size.

Hmm - my mind rambles on. I've read that casting circle creates a separate space, set apart from the mundane and the astral worlds. So how do I know if what I've read is so? Weee-ell, on a few occasions, my concentration & focus have been terrific, and I'll feel as though hours and hours have passed, but when I close & look at a clock, only a 1/2 hour of mundane time has passed. On other occasions, I've felt that I've spent only a few minutes absorbed within circle & then discovered that 4 hours have passed on the clock. Certainly mentally I've been suspended in a separate place.

This place between worlds is a place of the mind; & the mind has potential powers we haven't even guessed at yet...well, Hollywood has with movies like The Matrix, & concepts like "May the Force be with you." My trance channeled teachers taught that in empowered visualization, with our Will and our Belief, we stand "as if" in two places at once; the Now (wannabe stage) and the Then (completed stage). If that's not "between the worlds", then I don't know what is.

We used to joke that it's all done with mirrors bcs one of our Teacher's practice meditations was to visualize our goal in a mirror & then step into the reflection & experience the completion of the goal.

And I know it works.

Real life example: my sister admired a necklace that my room mate always wore of a cross with the Star of David in the center. My room mate gave it to my sister. I thought this was very generous and wanted to surprise my roomy by replacing the necklace. I went 4 times to the store where she'd bought it and they were out of stock. The clerk even searched all the stock drawers to see if one had slipped out of place. I did the mirror visualization daily for a week then went back to the store, literally out of the blue, for another purpose.

The necklace I sought was on display & I figured they'd simply reordered stock from the supplier. When I went to the counter to buy it, the clerk turned pale then red in the face. She gasped out that she'd just found the necklace where she'd already looked for it, & about 10 minutes earlier (about the time I'd left the house), had put it out hoping that I'd come in.

There are several rational explanations but what do they matter?
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:37 pm

By Louise on Wednesday, March 3, 2004 - 10:24 pm:

Bonnie, the mirror visualisation is new to me, can you explain it a little more?

Louise xxx
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:38 pm

By wood-bee-witch on Wednesday, March 3, 2004 - 10:48 pm:

Thanks Bonnie. So glad to hear its not just me who has these blockages. I'll try that. I do visualise the blue aura expanding outwards frequently. That was one of your earlier suggestions when I first joined the site, and I always visualise it this way now.
Been so exhausted these past two weeks that I haven't been practicing as I should. Wondering if the two are linked as when I discipline myself I seem to have much more get up and go.

BB
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:38 pm

By bonnie on Thursday, March 4, 2004 - 04:24 pm:

Louise, RE: visualizing the goal in a mirror

This is based on a concept that what we visualize and give energy to exists in the astral world. Thought forms are real. The mirror is a visual metaphor for the astral plane as it will reflect the images we project upon the it back to the material world. It's just a metaphor to describe a way of thinking.

Let's say you want to create an opportunity to meet a particular person. Imagine a face to face meeting taking place. Imagine a mirror directly in front of you and see in it an image of the person and yourself meeting, like looking at a photograph. You don't have to see whole and detailed pictures, but just enough so you know who the players are.

Then imagine that you step into the mirror image & assume your role to animate it. This brings life-force to the thought form. You keep tweeking this over time and several imaging-sessions so you have plenty of opportunity to get it the way you want it.

When you know you've got it (the images practically take on a life of their own) then the next step is to visualize the image reflecting out of the mirror into undesignated time. Let the universe provide the timing for the event to occur in real-time.

In the 1977 we used this method when we needed to meet Uri Geller specifically to give him some channeled information.(Sometimes being a trance medium is a real pain in the butt.) We had no idea where he was on the planet or how to reach him. Writing to his publisher had been unhelpful. This was the era before web pages. Gee-now we just email him, but back then we spent several weeks programming the image & still living our daily lives. During vacation, we were traveling with friends in California, and one afternoon were driving past Stanford Research Institute where a study had been done by Russ Targ & Hal Puthoff on Geller's psychokinetic ability. On a whim, we dropped in to ask if they knew how to reach Geller, & learned that he "just happened" to be in California at the same time we were, at a conference. The meeting took place after the conference & we were able to give him the info as directed.

The opportunity to meet and the way the timing played out in our favor were the magic. The fulfillment of the goal also took real-time, mundane effort. Just as with the necklace in which I had to get off my duff & go out and look for it, we had to do the footwork to bring us into Geller's orbit. When there is a real need, and we make a real effort, we get real results.

Wood-bee, re: being too pooped to meditate; they probably are related, but sometimes we just have to get more rest :)
TheWiseHedgewitch

Previous

Return to Old Forum