Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 14 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 14 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Crystal Ball

Re: Crystal Ball

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:43 am

By Dawn on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 11:12 pm:

Hi Lil
Thanks for the reply, I think the feelings are good ones, the butterflies usually proceed bad news or something dodgy. I thing I’m just life weary on this one.

And Lily I so know what your going through at the MO, I wish I could pass on some of the knowledge I’ve gleamed from the book I’m reading at the MO.

The bit that jumps to mind is
"To return to an alert innocence is not so much effort, like moving a pile of bricks from here to there, as it is standing still long enough to let the spirit find you. It is said that all that you are seeking is also seeking you, that if you lie still, sit still, it will find you. It has been waiting for you a long time. Once its here don't move away. Rest. See what happens next."
The books amazing & if you want to know the title I’ll pass it on, (I don't want to repeat another thread)
I just want to give you a big hug.
BB
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:43 am

By Pol on Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 05:26 pm:

Lily, first I wish you luck, whatever you decide I hope it goes well with you. Dorothy Morrison has this this Crone Chant for Good Judgment, which I have used in the past to excellent effect:

Ancient Hag, Wise Grandmother,
You of Wisdom, like no other,
Help me weigh choices with precision,
To make a good and fair decision.
Show me what I need to see,
Shed some light on what should be.
And should I turn a deafened ear
Open it so I can hear,
Help me feel what I should know.
Show me now which way to go.
Guide me in what I must do.
This, Old Crone, I ask of You.

I used this with Rae's meditation for meeting the Goddess when I had to decide to give my partner a second chance (after we broke up). Thanks to her words of wisdom, I decided my heart was strong enough to risk another break, and I am very glad I did, as we are still happily together.
Blessings Lily,
May all your love find a worthy heart to settle in.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:44 am

By Lily on Tuesday, June 1, 2004 - 08:54 am:

Thank you, Pol and Dawn. Have used the chant and will do so again. It's a fine and eloquent way to say what I usually mumble incoherently at the Goddess!!

Dawn, I'd love to hear about your book, please.

What I'm going to do is get to know this boy, whilst trying not to fall too hard. Meanwhile I'll try to stay grounded and clear-headed.

Thanks again, you lovely people.

BB
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:45 am

By Dawn on Tuesday, June 1, 2004 - 09:28 am:

Hi Lily, the book is called Woman who run with the wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes.

ISBN 0 7126 7134 X

She’s a poet, senior Jungian psychoanalyst, and a Cantadora (keeper of the old stories)
The book deals with all the life issues that crush women, keeping them from becoming who they were always meant to be, through telling of stories & then revealing their deeper forgotten meanings.
The chapter I’ve just read is about the ugly duckling story. How we're born sometimes into the wrong family & spend all our lives trying to be ducks when in fact we are beautiful swans.
So when you're getting to know your man remember you're a swan & should be with other swans, so make sure that's what he is, not a goose.
Sorry, I don't tell it as well as Clarissa, but for any women that's ever felt crushed it's a must read.
Mine was gifted to me at a car boot for 50p because life's problems had left me penniless, but wanting to continue my growth.
I couldn’t have found a more valuable book if I’d spent hours searching for it. Not been obviously Wiccan, I would have over looked it. So I’m very grateful it found me.
BB
TheWiseHedgewitch

By Lily on Tuesday, June 1, 2004 - 10:35 am:

Weird! I nearly bought that on Saturday! I read a few pages and wandered around Waterstones with it in my hand for quite some time before losing the will to shop and putting it back! And I made a note-to-self to order it from Amazon. So now I definitely shall. Thank you for that, Dawn.

Does she have anything to say about women who keep inconveniently loving more than one person at a time? :-/

BB
TheWiseHedgewitch

By Dawn on Tuesday, June 1, 2004 - 12:17 pm:

oh Yes she does & this gal isn't going to do it any more, that's the third chapter I think.
This girl's going to continue checking out fellow mates to see if they're swans & if not I’m holding out for the right one.
I think it's a sign that you're not following your heart and being true to yourself when you get wake up calls about other men, I know this is true of me. And boy did I get a wake up call that rocked my world. Sadly I’m not going to make it to my first wedding anniversary. If I’d listen to my intuition we wouldn't of married, I knew in my heart of hearts we were too different. But I guess I was still a swan trying to be a duck, a very unhappy duck.
Every story has a happy ending though & I’m not a sad duck anymore but a very content and happy swan. The fears have left me & for the first time in my life I think I’m going to get it right & there's no rush.
Go for the book. It was written for women like us, you were already led to it I’m just the conformation for you.
And the very brightest of blessings on the rest of your journey.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:46 am

By Pol on Tuesday, June 1, 2004 - 02:58 pm:

I will definitely buy that book! Thankyou Dawn, you are an inspiration :) I'm glad you've found your happiness. The best relationship rule came from my mum, who said 'if he (or she!) makes you happy, keep trying'. Like every couple, my partner and I have our ups and downs, but that rule keeps me going through the downs and keeps me smug on the ups!
Glad you liked the chant Lily, it came from her (Dorothy Morrison's) book 'Everyday Magic' if you're interested.
Blessings
Pol xx
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:46 am

By bonnie on Tuesday, June 1, 2004 - 03:12 pm:

Wow - I've been swamped at work for the Memorial Day holiday (our busiest time of year) & unable to spend any time here. I'm catching up. Seems to me everyone's very capably helped out.

The only tip I can add for "reading" people's vibes & deciphering the gut feelings is to stand back from yourself & become an observer as you have the incoming gut bomb. Center & ride it out. Afterwards re-explore the feelings. Some things hit you up-side the head right away & don't need to be re-examined...like if someone gives your the creeps right off...or if someone is being "too" sincere & is snowballing you to make a false impression or manipulate you. Cut your losses with those people.

If you see auras or are sensitive to them by feel, you can pick up a lot of info that way ... murky, muddy yellows with terracotta undertones indicate deception. To me, this "feels" mushy-spongey for deception and sticky-tacky if manipulation is their intent. Look for good clear blues & greens for honesty & good intentions and gentle pinks, magenta for true affection.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:47 am

By Dawn on Tuesday, June 1, 2004 - 03:39 pm:

Bonnie seeing Auras is a gift i haven't developed, i used to get like a readybrek glow (british cereal add) from people, some large & some small, usually white never coloured. the sad thing is i have never continued with it.
can i get it back? & how do i develop it?

p.s. i'm glad you're going for the book Pol, happy reading.
BB
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:47 am

By bonnie on Tuesday, June 1, 2004 - 05:25 pm:

That glow you see closest to the skin is the etheric body & the colors usually are seen outside that glow. You can practice looking at your own aura in a mirror while standing against a plain background, in subdued lighting. Focus on the middle of your nose and let your eyes go slightly blurred. Ground & center, relax and just gently stare at your nose. Eventually you'll start to see colors. You can also see it around your feet. Practice while watching TV.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PreviousNext

Return to Old Forum