Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests

Most users ever online was 53 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:39 am

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Trance Journeys & Hedgewitches

Re: Trance Journeys & Hedgewitches

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:35 pm

By Jayne on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 09:55 am:

I'm a newbie witch, summerisle but I find it very frustrating, because I feel I've been "tuned in" all my life, even heard my name called on a few occasions when I was young girl, but for some reason, as soon as someone speaks, the next thing I know, am back on planet Earth.

I can put myself into the relaxed state fairly easily, but when the visions and sounds come, they're so fast and loud that it's no sooner here than gone, and I have to start again.

One day I'll get somewhere with it all. Thanks for the good wishes!

BB
TheWiseHedgewitch

By bonnie on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 02:16 pm:

Jayne, I think we all have that problem no matter how long we've been at it. Stuff whizzes by so fast your head spins.

In most meditations I do, I have to constantly return to the Place of Power (sometimes I literally mentally stomp & plop myself back in place) & regroup. Visions come in flashes like a freeze-frame most times, & others may take on a life of their own and tell a story. You never know what you're gonna get until you get there.
TheWiseHedgewitch

By Glyn on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 08:47 pm:

Jayne I'm sure I understand exactly what you're on about. I've had owls speaking to me in the forest, messages from rodents, hieroglyphs in oily patches in city streets. It's why we tread this path, to try to make some sense of it all. But when the messages come ... just listen. They come from the Spirit World.

BB Glyn
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:36 pm

By bonnie on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 09:08 pm:

Oh Glyn, what a relief. I've heard squirrels in plain english, & it was very direct to what I was doing at the moment.
J
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:36 pm

By Jayne on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 10:12 pm:

Well, I've been a spiritualist for many years, but never had one talk directly to me through anything - maybe I just wasn't listening properly - must listen more to nature, instead of just enjoying it. I have an overwhelming desire to go for a walk in the local wood, but unfortunately, that's going to have to wait. Ah, well, as an internet buddy of mine always says....onwards and upwards!!

I just thought on - I see plenty of spirit images build up in many ways, I've been reminded of this about an hour ago, when I was on a bus and looked at a sideroad. There, in the middle of the road I saw a face really plainly.

I also have a picture in my house, painted by my youngest daughter a couple of years ago. There are three spirit faces in there, two guys and something that looks like an ape wearing a judges wig, and they're all looking down from the sky. When I see a new one anywhere, I just smile and mentally say "bless you".

BB
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:37 pm

By Bonnie (Bonnie) on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 09:32 pm:

There are many ways that Spirit can speak to us. They come in all shapes and sizes both individual personalities that mediums and spiritualists are accustomed to working with and the myriad of nature spirits familiar to the variety of pagan paths. It's only for ease of discussion we lump it all together as "spirit".

Thinking along the lines of the three worlds, there are illuminating spirits of the upper-world, creative spirits of the middle-world, and transformative spirits of the under-world. So you need to address your concerns to the right realm. There's a lot of cross-over or bleed-through because all three of the realms are present in every situation and we ourselves live in all three simultaneously. It's where we focus our intention that creates an illusion of separateness between the realms.

That's my nickel's worth anyhow.
TheWiseHedgewitch

By Cariadseren (Cariadseren) on Saturday, April 1, 2006 - 10:24 am:

yes, but sometimes, well certainly i, make mistakes in looking at things-sort of working the other way round from your point bonnie-mistaking things as important when they're not-a sort of spirit joke i suppose-made me lol anyway, I spent a long time looking at a house and a door in
cambridge the other week convinced that it was important-i was working with spirit guides and was convinced that this place was something to do with them (it was named after my familiar, and painted in their colour and the door was a lovely thing with two handles and key holes-clearly
to my mind a route to other realms)-only to realise that it was not an illumination or anything of the kind-quite amusing when the people who lived there turned up!-i can only say i was feeling very tuned in that weekend, i had been looking for an athame, and one was spontaneously given
to me, i'd seen my spirit guides etc.....sometimes its hard to distinguish what's important.

on spirit guides and trance, i've been working with sound lately-opening a circle outside, dancing very energetically and then stopping and listening. i was at Avebury one equinox and there were some amazing ?tibetan throat singers using the space in the cove (huge ancient enclosure
of standing stones) i could hear the noise resonating off the stones. if you crossed into the space (as i did in error-was so attracted by the energy and couldn't figure out what this noise was-the stones were alive) you could feel the break in the energy as this trance state was broken-anyway slight diversion, but was amazing experience-anyway it illustrated how powerful sound is as part of meditation/communication with the spirits. if you concentrate on listening to the sounds its surprising how often the spirits will talk to you especially i find at night outdoors-again, i
find the tricky bit is deciding what is important to listen to-there's so much! have you got any thoughts on this?
Brightest blessings
Cariad
TheWiseHedgewitch

By Bonnie (Bonnie) on Monday, April 3, 2006 - 03:42 pm:

Those are some good points - and worth a chuckle in empathy. :) Sounds are a wonderful point for calming and centering. Sometimes I sit in my back yard, close my eyes, and count the different bird calls as a way to tune-in. Each species has a distinctive call. If I listen long enough I'll hear call and response from a bordering territory.

When I'm looking at mundane-world stuff that has a message from spirit I'll feel my eyes drawn to it like a heat seeking missile to a target. Your analysis of the door symbolism was at least a fine exercise in association. That's the way you have to interpret Spirit messages because there's a magico-poetic translation process required.

Sometimes I will also see a spark of light appear on the thing I'm looking at. The message-bearing object could be a billboard, a tree, bird, someone's face as they speak ordinary words, or whatever. The messenger will have a dot of light on it, and in some cases the dot is a flare like the after-burn of a flash bulb (like it's saying this is important dummy - so pay attention). And once I've acknowledged it, the flash/glow/glimmer will no longer be visible. It was just a marker and goes away after serving its purpose. It's all too easy to talk myself out of having even seen it.

Just like the signal fire used to attract Spirit's attention in the other world during outdoor rites, this little sparkle gets my attention.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:38 pm

By Freyawyche (Freyawyche) on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 04:12 am:

I have been reviewing all these postings about getting into trance and journeying. This is what I have been doing for a couple of years : it is similar to what some of you already do.( And I must say that you guys in Britain have a great advantage as you have all the wonderful sites there to go to ,so use them !) ...I try to go to nice, quiet parks,gardens and wooded areas when I can...(weather permitting), with the express intention of finding a sacred/spirit-blessed space. Whenever I am in one place that 'feels' like there is special spiritual energy there I look around and try to remember the area, especially if there is a geological distinctiveness to it: a special tree, mound or hill, house or cottage, the way the light is at different times of day, bridges over water, streams, paths, etc. One favorite of mine is a huge arboretum/garden in Ringwood NJ, USA. In the gardens there is a hill or large mound. Built into it( below it, actually) is a rough and heavy oaken door, with a window in it which has crosshatched iron bars across it. The door is not ancient by any means, but looks like it belongs in a magickal garden. So what I do is quiet myself and try to take notice of the door in great detail,( much as Bonnie lit a candle slowly and focused on all the small stages of doimg it and what the experience was like.) I then create in my mind a scene or scenario about the door...I 'see' that if I were to open the door beyond it would be a large room, with a roughened oak table beneath a small window. On the table is a candle in a pewter stand. I light the candle and the glow slowly spreads outward...revealing....whatever the journey will be. So I have used this scene from real life (the roughened garden door) and made it the starting point or jumping off point of my journeys, which I can do any time, not having to be physically at that place. The advantage of this is that it is very easy to envision something that you have once seen and closely examined in real or mundane life. From there you can let your mind relax and let the journey begin. In Ringwood there is also an old restoration site of an ironworks, and there is a massive wrought-iron black gate, double-doored, that has been left standing. I often use this as a starting point also, seeing the doors before me and seeing them slowly glide open..The trick is that when you are visiting the site, you must closely memorize as much physical detail as possible and also notice the atmosphere and energy of the place, for recall at a later time. Another part of Ringwood has a statue of the Goddess Diana...I and my wiccan friends celebrate Diana's Day there (La Giornata di Diana...August 13) and I have become so joined to the energy of the place that I photographed the statue, had it enlarged and specially framed for my meditation room, plus I did so for my friends. Whenever I look at it I can feel the summer moisture and heat and humidity, the wildness and HUM of the place, and remember the closeness and psychic/spiritual support and love of my sisters. It is such a blessing for me. I even took my husband there last year.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:38 pm

By Bonnie (Bonnie) on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 02:46 pm:

I've gradually built my visualized Place of Power - my launch point for all journeys - & it occasionally takes on a life of its own. It once added a cave opening in the side of a dune, under the stairs that I descend to my POP. Obviously I was intended to enter the cave & followed as led.

I've tried several times to sketch my POP. I can see it ever so clearly in my mind's eye ... until I try to draw it. My hand-eye coordination suddenly dysfunctions. Grrr. I've thought a photograph of a similar site would help, but haven't found a near look-alike location. Naturally I'm going at it bass-ackwards. I shoulda started with the photo & built up from there. Sigh.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PreviousNext

Return to Old Forum