Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Visions and Dreams

Re: Visions and Dreams

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:23 pm

By rachel on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 11:24 pm:

Hey Lil,

I'm also one for embarrassing dreams - if it's really scary I seem to be aware it isn't real... But if I can be naked, in an exam hall or, wait, no naked seems to keep cropping up, then I will be. Such is life - always seems to be a stress thing for me, oddly enough rarely get them before actual exams!
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:24 pm

By Pam on Thursday, August 5, 2004 - 08:51 pm:

Merry meet

Wonder if anyone has any thoughts on this? Is it possible for those that have passed beyond the veil visit us in dreams?

I mentioned in an earlier thread that I had been really down following the loss to 2 people very close to me in the past 4 years. Well since then I've had a dream/waking dream where both have visited me when in a state of sleep, well I think I've been awake when its happened because its been so vivid.

The first was my husband and that was a few months after he'd passed away. In it he was sitting where he usually sat, smiling at me and we talked, I remember he asked me how I felt and I said that I missed him terribly. He told me not to worry about him and that things would be okay, that I had good friends that would be there for me. He then said 'I just needed to see you, make sure you were okay', kissed me and then left. I remember sitting upright and then checking my home expecting him to still be there.

The second one was my dearest friend, we were friends at school and through the years, he was always there for me and when my husband died he helped me lot dealing with things. We got really close over time and I cared for him a lot. When he passed away very suddenly, it felt like I was alone.

A few months back I had another experience in which one day I had been experiencing a very dark day and could not stop crying. He was standing next to me asking me why was I doing this to myself, I was stronger than that. I felt him holding my hand, then drawing me to him. I could smell his aftershave and feel him next to me. Again I sat upright but he wasn't there.

Do you think they'd both came to see me when I was in a relaxed frame of mind with no distractions so they could contact me and felt me know they were there for me? Or is it what most people would say that I'm imagining it?

Funny thing is I had a friend stay with me and she said that she has felt my friends presence in my home quite a few times.

Would appreciate any comments you may have.

Brightest Blessings

Pam
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:24 pm

By bonnie on Thursday, August 5, 2004 - 09:26 pm:

Pam - let me offer long over due condolence on your loss & sorrow.

To answer your question: Yes! We can and often are visited by the ones who precede us in death. They visit in dreams & in real-time. They still love us & want to comfort us.

I've been visited by both my deceased parents, my grandparents, coworkers & friends in both dream and real-time. In real-time my dad physically intervened and saved me from a bad fall off a ladder - I know it was him bcs he spoke. Another time he popped in to tell me to check up on my sister who I had not known was ill...& turned out he was right. He's physically moved heavy objects. In dreams he's told me to buy a cordless phone (before cell phones were invented) & showed me the catalog model to pick. My mom's gotten my attention by speaking right out loud & turning off the lights. She always had a flare for the dramatic. :)

I'm more aware of their visits than the average person, probably bcs I've been a trance medium for 34 years...so I have to say I believe.

Accept the gift of their love as it is intended to bring you joy.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:25 pm

By Dianne on Thursday, August 5, 2004 - 09:52 pm:

Hi Pam - my thoughts go out to you for your losses. Yes, I believe that this is possible. When my mother died 8 years ago I was devastated. One night in my dreams I felt and saw a searchlight seemingly want to penetrate my brain, I tried to resist but it got in - immediately after the light got in I was sitting on a bus, next to me was my mum and we were having an ordinary, every day type of conversation (I can't remember the details). What I do remember though is that, in the middle of this everyday type of chat, I turned to her and said 'but you're dead!' she replied 'yes, I am but that doesn't mean you can't still talk to me.' I am convinced that she was really speaking with me - it was so vivid and I can still hear her voice telling me I can still speak to her. It was the beginning of my road to recovery following the desolation at her loss.
TheWiseHedgewitch

By Donnagh on Friday, August 6, 2004 - 08:29 am:

Pam,
Yes.
When the doors of perception are opened... When you are 'falling' asleep, it's a similar 'empty' state to meditation. In meditation we are often asking for guidance, or dipping into ourselves to answer questions, I think it's entirely probable that your departed ones DID come to you. They would not want to see you suffer, either in life, or from beyond, your emotionally vulnerable state at the times you mentioned quite likely called to them, wrenched them across, even.
I have no concrete direct experience, Mark and I used to use a ouija board before we had Joe, but I'll leave that alone. I did see a man at the top of our stairs when Joe was a baby. He was there, I have no idea who he was, but he meant no harm, I had the impression he was either lost, or he had lost something. (V strange, with my dubious attitude towards men in general, and the fact that I had a baby only a few months old, I should have freaked, but I calmly turned to Mark, and said "There's a man on the landing" Mark, being Mark, said "What does he want?" and that was about the end of it.

Pam, take comfort in the fact that both of them are out there, they are watching over you, even though they are not there in body, their spirit is still there for you.
Love,
Donnagh
TheWiseHedgewitch

By Rosewood on Friday, August 6, 2004 - 01:17 pm:

Hello everyone...

I tend to dream more about the people in my present but occasionally the departed will crop up there too. Up until a few years ago, my dreams were incredibly vivid. Sometimes I would chat merrily to friends about things we had done, only to be told that it had never happened and must have been a dream. I sometimes get that deja vu thing as well, which I think means that I have dreamed of a situation in advance.

Donnagh, sometimes I can 'choose' things that happen in my dreams. Other times I lose the control and they turn a bit random again! I have reoccurring ones too. I used to sleep walk as a youngster during a recurring dream. In the morning I would feel as though I had been flying (in fact I had been 'floating' up and down the stairs half the night, watched fearfully by my poor mother).

These days I do not seem to get much dreamy sleep but I hope that they will come back when life settles down a bit and I can spend more time getting my zzzz.

When my grandad died, everyone said that my gran had gone nuts because she still talked to him and said that she saw him occasionally around their house. I believed her but was scared because I didn't want 'ghosts' appearing to me. But then I did see him (just once as far as I can remember) and it wasn't scary, it was wonderful. My mum tends to chat to the dead a bit too. From my very limited experience, it seems as though our loved ones are more likely to appear in the time immediately after their death. Maybe they stay close to comfort us while we mourn and then drift off to do whatever the spirits like to do.

There was a recent discussion on this board about guardian spirits and I said that I couldn't actually see mine... but now I have given it some thought I remember seeing the spirit of a young girl when I was at school. I screamed my head off at the time and nearly gave my boyfriend a heart attack! But it opens up the possibility that maybe I could see in that way... or could when I was young anyway... I seem to have grown out of a lot of things and into others!...

... sorry, am thinking in type! Rosewood x
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:26 pm

By Birchwood on Friday, January 7, 2005 - 01:39 pm:

Need help! Last night I had a very vivid dream about my youngest daughter going to boarding school. She's almost 13, settled in school and although we're hoping for her to go to Uni, that's not for some years yet.

It was quite disturbing, and all I've wanted to do today is hug her.

Just wondered if there was any analysis about what dreaming of children going to boarding school means.

BB
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:26 pm

By Lil on Friday, January 7, 2005 - 01:54 pm:

Hi Birchwood,

I'm no expert by any means, but what instantly occurred to me was that at 13 your daughter's growing up. Perhaps the boarding school is a symbol of her becoming adult and therefore, growing away from you.

I hope this helps - as I say I'm no expert and I'm pretty sure someone else will have a more accurate idea.

bb, Lil
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:27 pm

By tawny on Friday, January 7, 2005 - 03:26 pm:

I agree, it sound's like you are subconsciously worried about something taking her away, have you had any disagreement's with her, however small, that may make you feel this way?
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:27 pm

By juicy on Friday, January 7, 2005 - 04:48 pm:

I think this is you worrying about her going away. The stuff in the media about the children of the Tsunami makes us all value our children more anyway and 13 is the beginning of the cutting of apron strings. Did you also watch the Steven Fry thing(Tom Browns Schooldays)? That could subconsciously be on your mind as well.
Just suggestions - hope they help
bb
TheWiseHedgewitch

PreviousNext

Return to Old Forum