Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 29 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 29 guests

Most users ever online was 115 on Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:30 am

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Visions and Dreams

Re: Visions and Dreams

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:19 pm

By bonnie on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 03:41 pm:

Oh yea, those panicky sensations are a real put off when it comes to OOBEs. Once you recognize them as indicators that you're stuck in that 1/2 in and 1/2 out level, you can work past them. But they give me the willies too. :) We have a few topics 'round here somewheres on astral projection.

That skinny right leg in the dream is like saying your OOB "muscles" are out of shape.

Oops gotta go.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:19 pm

By Donnagh on Friday, July 9, 2004 - 04:14 pm:

Hello, all,
I know I know this, but I can't remember- thinking of too many things at once!

Over the last couple of weeks, I've had some really disturbing dreams, the core of them is that there is something in my mouth and I can't get it out, sometimes it's that my teeth are crumbling, sometimes that I have been biting my fingernails, and can't get the bits out of my mouth. I wake up really distressed and uncomfortable, thinking that the bits of tooth/nail are still in my mouth.

Looking at it written down, a couple of clear interpretations jump out- does anyone want to add their opinion?

Donnagh
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:20 pm

By Dawn on Friday, July 9, 2004 - 04:43 pm:

hi Donnagh
just looked your dream up quickly in my dictionary book,

mouth- pleasure area; your hungers, sexual pleasure. also, because we speak with our mouth & tongue, they can represent what we say. a dream of our mouth being buttoned-button your lip-or sewed up, could suggest that inwardly we regret having said certain things, and need to hold our tongue. pulling something out of mouth; trying to clear emotions or attitudes not properly expressed. perhaps one is not admitting something. spitting out lots of teeth; something you want to "spit out" in the sense of admitting, saying, or expressing emotionally. teeth falling out; often a sense of loss, such as death of family member or loved one; the aging process as it relates to maturity, so worries about getting older & ones changing image. when our first teeth fall out at around seven, it is probably our initial experience of losing something from our body, something weird happening-we might even fear other bits of us could drop off or out. feeling the loss of something, or fears of looking peculiar and aging.

hope this helps,
Blessings
Dawn
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:20 pm

By Lil on Friday, July 9, 2004 - 07:26 pm:

Dawn,
it's fascinating what you say about the teeth falling out business. I used to dream of just that when I was younger. I would wake up and be stunned that there were no bits of teeth in my mouth! It was so real!!

I've looked thru' the threads on visions etc. and I've come to the conclusion that my dreams seem to highlight the fact that I feel inadequate most of the time and that I'm scared of being embarrassed. Mind you, what do I do with the information? How can I overcome these things? (It's okay, no-one has to answer that question!!)

I've often had pictures (visions sounds rather grand) usually after peaceful, quiet prayer and reflection but I would dearly love to be able to move my dream time onto another level.

BB, Lil
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:21 pm

By Donnagh on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 08:00 am:

Morning, Dawn and Lil,
Thank you for looking it up for me, Dawn, clarified what I was thinking.

Lil, I think the teeth thing is quite common, it is disturbing at the time, though. I also have a recurring dream that I'm late for something, and end up leaping out of bed, in real time, and falling over all the junk on the floor, then realising it's only half past four- learning from this experience? Clear the room properly before I go to bed.
Bonnie has alot of resources about meditation- I think there might already be some posted.

One more before I go. Did/Does anyone 'choose' their dreams? My brother and I used to have a 'Dream Library' when we were young, we'd talk at night, and decide to have a dream about (Super Ted/ going to the fair/ tea parties) whatever, and that is what we would dream- ah to be a child, and not have the mortgage payment interfering with the dream about the funfair!
Mark suffers periodically with terrible nightmares, Thank the Goddess he hasn't had one for a while. If I know he's stressed, or he seems tense at night, I surround him with circles of light, filled with faces of friends, through which no harm can pass. Neither Mark or Joe can choose their dreams, Mark tried it years ago, and Joe says it doesn't work (he has bad dreams too)

I do waffle on, don't I?
Blessings,
Donnagh.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:22 pm

By bonnie on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 04:31 pm:

Hey Lil, don't be too concerned about dreams of inadequacy. Our dreams are like release valves, just blowing off the steam of the days' stresses.

The only way I can think to overcome them is that lifetime quest to establish that point of center where we're OK with ourselves, and know that we fit into the greater scheme of the universe, warts and failings and foolish mistakes and all. Like a river, the flow of the the universe moves around us, smoothing our rough edges.

It's a mental connecting to the true knowledge, not a belief, but the KNOWING from experience that universal light flows through us. All we have to do is learn to get out of its way and let it flow.

We can make a start by consciously clearing the mental debris field of repetitive negative thoughts (catch ourself in the act and say "cancel that"), self-sabotage, re-inflaming grudges, anything that makes us feel guilty etc. That lets the light in. Then we start getting glimpses & inspiration. The solar plexus helps us clear the field.

Meditation and visualization (using that good childhood imagination) to pull golden light down through us and especially into the solar plexus chakra will help. Wearing yellow - the color of the SP - meditating on the sun-within, these are helps too. Just remember that when you open a chakra for meditation to close it again when done. Just think it so and pass your hand down from top to bottom to enact the thought.

Donnagh - In my late teens, early 20s, when I was 1st actively working to develop physic abilities, I had many spontaneous precogs, astral-travel dreams & nightmares. I eventually learned to control them.

By control I don't mean I stopped having nightmares; only that within the nightmare I became conscious of the fact that I was dreaming, & knew that a nightmare is like bad TV & can't hurt me. Knowing this, I could choose to change the channel or to go on & stand back from the dream and observe it rather than participate in it. Letting it run its course was healthier in the long run than jamming up the works & stopping mid-dream, bcs it'd just come back again later. One persistent pre-cog/nightmare combo repeated 3 times in one night until I let it run. It was important bcs there was a message in it for me. Ee-e.

There weren't any exercises that I did to get to the awake-in-the-dream status. It was the result of my desire to do so. I would make suggestions to myself before going to sleep to program myself for a safe run if dreams did occur. That's about it.

But your childhood dream library could be an excellent means to programming through the nightmares, by choosing the dream within the dream as it happens.
TheWiseHedgewitch

By Lil on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 12:56 pm:

Bonnie,

Thanks for the advice - I'll definitely take it on board. Talking of nightmares - well, I never seem to have them. Not the scary, heart pounding, sweat inducing type. As I said the only dreams I seem to have, (or can remember) are those where I'm in an embarrassing situation
(says a lot about my psyche, huh?). Is it that some people are more prone to nightmares or am I having them and simply not remembering? Also when I dream, even from a very little girl, I've always known it's a dream. I never seem to get so involved that it becomes real.

Anyone else have this? And I'd be interested in knowing what you all think it means.
BB, Lil
TheWiseHedgewitch

By bonnie on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 02:19 pm:

Lil, I think it means you're well adjusted :)
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:23 pm

By Donnagh on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 10:56 pm:

Hi Bonnie,
Thanks for the advice, I did try explaining to Mark that I could 'control' my dreams, by being aware that they were dreams, but he doesn't seem to be able to do it.

We've had the room stinking of Lavender or Sandalwood, tried amethyst under the pillow, all kinds of stuff. Luckily, he hasn't had one for quite a while now- it's all out of balance, cause I'm the depressive one, he's very stable, yet he's plagued by these awful dreams- likely that I get my anxiety out during the course of the day, so don't need to dwell on it at night?

Thanks for thinking of us,
Donnagh
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:23 pm

By Lil on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 09:32 am:

Okay, well adjusted and embarrassed!! ;)
I can live with that!
BB, Lil
TheWiseHedgewitch

PreviousNext

Return to Old Forum