Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Herbal Remedies

Re: Herbal Remedies

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:10 pm

By Jayne on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 12:30 pm:

I've read somewhere (and it's annoying me that I can't remember where now) that "Prosperity" in herbs means for the earth itself to prosper, but Cunningham writes about the home prospering monetarily. What am I reading wrong?

BB
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:11 pm

By bonnie on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 03:35 pm:

I think it's just a matter of two different authors personal interpretations. Cunningham was very every day needs-oriented in his approach to magic. Other authors are more Gaia-hypothesis-oriented, that the Earth is a massive sentient Being.

Looked at hugely, when a single individual prospers, it brings a blessing upon all because All-is-One in the Big Picture. Everything is connected.

Herbal work is very earth related. Plant life is imbued with the earth-element life force.

Calendula Salve
(from the Green Witch Grimoire at the Magical Realm)

Use for scratches, bruises, cold sores, chapped lips

Place in a blender:
4 cups calendula flowerhead (use Calendula Officinalis, not pot marigold)
Olive oil to cover
Blend into a pureed gloppy mass & place this in a covered mason jar. Let sit 14 days.

Strain through a mesh – old nylons work well. Squeeze out extra oil.

Next step, combine over medium heat:
¾ cup calendula oil
2 oz. solid beeswax

Remove from heat & set in a bowl of ice water. Whisk until it sets up into a salve or ointment consistency. This may take some effort.

Store in airtight cosmetic jars. The essential oil from the first step will last in your refrigerator for a year or more. It can be used in several natural healing products. If you add comfry to the above recipe, it will pull poisons out of the skin and help stop bleeding.

Funny, the things you come across when you aren't looking for 'em :)
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:11 pm

Hi all - I've put this in this heading as it was the herbal section of the site which impressed me, but the other stuff is good, too.

http://www.amagickallife.co.uk/spells%20general.htm.

It's one of the sites recommended by TABI, and I'm well impressed.

BB
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:12 pm

By Bebe (Bebe) on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 01:08 am:

Robin...help please!!
Don't know how to create a new subject, so hi-jacking this one...
I've developed Alopecia Totalis over the past 3 months ( lost all my hair).
My question is: I've been massaging my scalp with 6 drops rosemary, 6 x ylang ylang, and recently added 6 x Thyme ..in 35mls grapeseed oil, we get a lot of spots and soreness, so first and last oils for antiseptic properties. I'm totally confused with this, obviously my white blood cells are seeing my hair as 'aliens' and attacking them, which is what causes the problem. To my mind, in massaging the scalp,( to bring better blood supply to the area, therefore helping hair grow)is this then not exasperating the problem? ie bringing more of the wee buggers to the area?
I'd appreciate ANY input Robin, should I continue or stop massaging. My dermatologist just doesn't have an answer for me.
Thank you so much for being here to ask.
BB
Bebe
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:12 pm

By Robin (Robin) on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 04:07 pm:

Bebe,
Alopecia can be associated from many causes. Firstly, it can be caused by stress and therefore you need to identify this and deal with it in any way you see fit, ie yoga, meditation, reiki etc.
It can also be caused by a hormone deficiency and some Agnus Castus will be of use here, where it is associated in females with thyroid under-activity or ovarian function. In these cases other herbs of use are Helonias, Motherwort & Black Haw Bark. It may also be a result of you being pregnant or simply discontinuing The Pill. Ring worm may also cause Alopecia as can eczema.
Exposure to certain chemicals and cosmetics can cause it.
To ensure a healthy scalp, a correct mineral balance is essential calling for supplementation in the diet with vitamins, particularly B12, selenium, zinc and silicea.
A good topical hair rinse is, 2-3 times a week an infusion of of equal parts, Yarrow, sage , rosemary. 1 oz (30g) in 1 pint of water. Simmer gently for 5 mins allow to cool and strain before use.
Take some vitamin B supplements and Kelp, silicea and zinc. Low levels of Zinc and Iron can cause alopecia and these vitamins will solve that.
If I can be of further use Bebe, contact me here.
BB
Robin Darkmere
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:13 pm

By Louise (Louise) on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 09:33 pm:

Bebe,

Have you also considered going for a lymphatic drainage massage? This will help cleanse the body of antigens, bacteria, viruses etc. plus it will help the body to take up helpful nutrients, plus be relaxing for you if you get them to combine it with a massage, which in turn will help to reduce stress. The lymph. massage will also help to balance fluids in your body, which can't help to make you feel better!
Be aware though that after a lymph. drainage you might feel really ill 2-3 days later, but this means all the rubbish etc. is working its way out and being cleaned up, so don't panic and run to the doctors, rest, drink lots!!
Love and light to you, I hope you find a way through what must be really distressing time.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:13 pm

By Bernie (Bernie) on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 11:20 am:

Guys has anyone come across something called Dermermytosis it is some sort of rash on the skin. is there a soothing balm for relief is there a cure
Blessings
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:14 pm

By Bebe (Bebe) on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 03:58 pm:

Robin,Thank you for your advice. I've had all the thyroid, hormone and blood tests, not pregnant or on/off the pill (or stressed particularly!) I will try the vitamins and supplements though. Thanks.
Louise, where would you get a lymphatic drainage massage? That sounds good too.
Thank you both for your help
BB
Bebe
TheWiseHedgewitch

By Lil (Lil) on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 03:50 pm:

Well, Bernie, I'm no expert but if you've got an irritating red rash, then I think I'd go for a cream base with chamomile or marigold in it. Robin is really the person to ask on this - so hopefully he'll join in. Otherwise, I'll have a look through my books and see what I can come up with. :)

bb, Lil
TheWiseHedgewitch

By Robin (Robin) on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 07:44 pm:

It seems to me people are possibly talking about Dermatomyositis. It is a degeneration of muscles with inflammation and swelling of the skin.Usually the swelling is caused by oedema (fluid). Some remedies indicated are Poke Root, Thuja, Meliot and Cramp Bark. I will have to do some research if doses and compositions are being sought.
BB
Robin Darkmere
TheWiseHedgewitch

PreviousNext

Return to Old Forum