Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Winter Solstice Essential Oil Blend

Winter Solstice Essential Oil Blend

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:32 pm

By Freyawyche (Freyawyche) on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 09:19 pm:

It's time to get out the oils, the droppers and bottles! Winter Solstice approaches. I researched oils and herbs and woods used by our druid cousins and came up with

Freya's Winter Solstice Blend :
(I know- it is a long list and you might not have all the oils. The must have's are marked with an asterisk.)

*Frankincense 40 drops Frereana and Thuriferans
* Juniper Berry 30 drops or
* Juniper Branch 10 drops
* Cedar (Atlas) 10 drops
* Cinnamon 4 drops
Nutmeg (This is not an oil traditionally used by the Druids, but I add 1 drop because I like it)
* Bay Laurel 20 drops
***Birch 15 drops MUST HAVE. When added and let sit it does not smell like root beer like it does straight out of the bottle.
Chamomile (Roman or English) 6 drops
Rosemary 10 drops
* Pine (Laricio or Sylvestrus) 15 drops
Add Citrine chips or any fire or Sun stones to charge.

I have used this for about 5 years now and the smell brings back such good memories of myself and friends freezing our butts off in the dark, waiting for that very first crisp glimmer of hope- the Sun's first ray. We chant or sing the Gayatri Mantra (Google it. The translation is beautiful and follows the chakras, moving from the Muladhara base to the Crown where light blossoms.) which brings in spiritual light, and we all walk around deosil. My husband thinks I am a nut but it is one ritual I think he respects. I always yell out the door "Going out in the dark to bring in the Sun dear. See you when the Sun is up!" to which I get a groan or some other caveman sound.
OK. Enough of me. Blessings to all!
BTW this blend maintains its potency and seems to last a LONG TIME so buying the oils is worth it.
TheWiseHedgewitch

Re: Winter Solstice Essential Oil Blend

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:33 pm

By Agalasha (Agalasha) on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 01:23 am:

Wow! Looks great, but alas, there is little hope of finding birch oil down here in the Baja. I will have to source this when I go to Canada in February.

How do you use this blend?

Just an aside: I will be consecrating a friend's new baby soon (using the Blessing of the Nine Waves) and it seems like this oil could have added something to the ceremony (to the lustral water, I mean) as I will perform the ritual for Alban Arthan/Solstice.
TheWiseHedgewitch

Re: Winter Solstice Essential Oil Blend

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:34 pm

By Freyawyche (Freyawyche) on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 10:23 pm:

I use the winter solstice blend as an aromatic oil (dilute when using on the skin as it is potent with the cinnamon in it.) to mainly celebrate the coming of the sun. Can also be used just to call in light when you have those dark days when you "got da blues". Also as a mister- esp in the morning. Now- I am not a morning person at all- I "wake up" mentally around 12 noon, but this as a spray is a gentle and pleasant awakening spritz. I like to rinse out my misting bottle with salt and spring water, then discard. This prepares the bottle to be pure. Then add the oil blend- about 10 drops from an already blended bottle of the mixture. Add spring water and citrine chips too. Agitate gently.
Spray upward towards the ceiling. Can also spray linens (Just a little bit.) Make sure to gently agitate the bottle before spraying. If you store the spritzer in the fridge, make sure to let stand and warm to room temperature before using.
I also mist a bunch of candles and bless them on Imbolc, for use in the coming year. Not your biggest of spells, but I surround myself with aromatics constantly, so the effect gradually builds as you go.
TheWiseHedgewitch

Return to Old Forum