Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Rune Work

Rune Work

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:24 pm

By Freyawyche (Freyawyche) on Thursday, August 20, 2009 - 05:01 am:

Has anyone ever stained their own wooden runes with red ochre powder and their own blood? I am planning this out and could use ritual ideas "to stain them a'right" as they say in Asatru.
TheWiseHedgewitch

Re: Rune Work

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:24 pm

By Agalasha (Agalasha) on Friday, August 21, 2009 - 03:49 pm:

How are you going to 'fix' the ochre and blood?
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:25 pm

By Freyawyche (Freyawyche) on Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 05:03 am:

I have no idea! You mean how will I cover it so that it does not rub off, etc?
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:26 pm

By Agalasha (Agalasha) on Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 05:23 am:

Yes, you can add a little milk as the casein in milk is a natural "glue" that will help hold or fix the pigments. It's what neolithic people used to mix with ochre for rock painting. I think this could add some good "mana" to the procedures whilst "keeping it real."

I'm fascinated by your project for a couple of reasons. First, the utter personalization of your divination tools (I assume the runes will be for divination). In the last core shamanism workshop I attended, we had to first gather some small natural objects, memorize them, then journey to discover what meaning each one had, and how to work them in a divination. Along the way my guide informed me that I would be working with some specific objects. My shamanic teacher told me that this is how I would really begin to build a meaningful collection.

Also the bloodletting. I have only done this once, during my dedication, and I remember shaking, not through fear but through excitement, absolutely aware that this ritualistic activity was in its own liminal zone. I think if you can connect into the ceremony on a night such as tonight just after the new moon (there's a little jolt of energy, no?), you will absolutely charge your runes for service.

BB )O(
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:26 pm

By Freyawyche (Freyawyche) on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 08:56 pm:

Thanx A. : All good points. The more I think about this the more serious of an endeavor it becomes and I am in no rush. I am only doing this once! I do have a small booklet on how to meditate and internalize the runes, chant them ,etc. I have the red ochre powder, and LOTS of BLOOD (tee hee.) I also will be inscribing them in my BOS as I meditate on them and will mix magickal ink- perhaps also with a drop of blood, as well as 3 rings that I had engraved with 1. all the runes 2. the runes for FREYAWYCHE 3. the runes for the Icelandic/Norse words for Earth/Air/Fire/Water. (I am getting rather bloody, huh?) I also have a great book by Freya Aswyn (one of THE authorities on Asatru) so I am in good hands. My birthday is near the Fall Equinox (Sept 19 ) so perhaps that is when I will do it but I am now thinking I need to check the Moon sign for that period as well. Good counsel. Thanx again. If anyone is interested in the companies/sites I ordered from I have the info. I was very pleased with the rings and teaching booklet. For my blood you will have to grow fangs first.(Evil grin.)
TheWiseHedgewitch

Return to Old Forum