Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Diana's Day

Diana's Day

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:06 am

By Freyawyche (Freyawyche) on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 06:46 pm:

Does anyone work with either Hekate or Diana? August 13 is Diana's Day, more specifically referred to as la Giornata di Diana. It is also the day the Goddess Hekate was called on/propitiated to protect the crops from severe weather and storms. With the AMOUNT OF CATACLYSMIC HURRICANES AND TORNADOES, ETC IN THE U.S.A. THE LAST 20 YEARS I TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY. WE HAVE EVEN HAD A FEW SMALL TORNADOES (VERIFIED BY THE WEATHER SERVICE) HERE IN NEW JERSEY. IN 1992 I EVEN HAD ONE RIGHT OUTSIDE MY GARDEN APARTMENT- LOOKED OUT THE WINDOW WHERE I HAD BEEN WALKING MY DOG 2 MINUTES BEFORE AND THERE WAS A HOLE THE SIZE OF A VOLKSKWAGON BEETLE....ALL THE Underground ELECTRICAL WIRES, ETC WERE SHOWING, IT WAS THAT DEEP. SPOOKY MAN! ME AND MY LITTLE MIKEY WERE ALMOST ABDUCTED INTO TORNADO LAND!
Anyway: Diana's Day is a celebration of August heat, the fullness of summer and the fae. She is protector of animals and the forest as well as a fierce huntress.Diana personifies fierce freedom of the unbound maiden, and will help you to throw off those shackles and run wild! She is one of the main MOON GODDESSES (esp first quarter/crescent) and has correspondences like pearls, shells, water, and JASMINE. I am presently finishing off my harvest of Jasmine flowers and have been furiously making fresh Jasmine oil. (Makes wonderful gifties for all womany friends- not just witches).One of Diana's titles is Queen of the Faeries. Hekate is Queen of Witches.If anyone is interested I'd be happy to share more. The ritual for Diana is done outside using very natural items, so I thought you might want to investigate....
TheWiseHedgewitch

Re: Diana's Day

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:07 am

By Pol (Pol) on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 01:58 pm:

I have not heard of Diana's Day before, so thank you very much Freyawyche, it sounds exactly what I need in my life right now. I shall begin preparing - thanks!
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:07 am

By Hearthfire (Hearthfire) on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 11:59 am:

Hi Freyawyche,

Great posting! Can we have more details on the Diana's day ritual you spoke of? It sounds lovely, and this is not a day I had heard of before - unless is this the same as the Italian celebration of leaving garlands of flowers etc around a feminine/goddess statue?

BB Hearthfire
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:09 am

By Freyawyche (Freyawyche) on Wednesday, August 2, 2006 - 06:23 pm:

Diana's Day, or La Giornata di Diana: August 13th. She is the Maiden Goddess. Sometimes associatd with Artemis. She is not tied to any man- living unto her own will and direction. An unmarried young woman but not necesarily virgin! She lives in the forests and is huntress/protector of all animals wild and free,especially those in childbirth.

"All rejoice and shout out a cry
As Goddess Diana strides on by.
Bow in hand, arrow near,
Cause for calm...have no fear.
Shimmering silver moonlike beam
Emanating from the inbetween...
Surrounds Her head like crown and crescent-
Heaven-blessed and luminescent.
Goddess, Maiden, Amazon Queen
Ruling from the in-between:
Have now mercy- send Thy power
Into this Thy forest bower.
Treat thine kin the animals fair
With special blessing from the aire.
Send moonbeam energy to the ones
That be of dirt and pond and aire and flight.
Shield them, bless them in the night.
All these creaures hear Thy call
Goddess bless them one and all. (FreyaWyche)

Light Spirit flame in cauldron (or candle- center of altar). Spread 9 white shells at base of altar around the flame. Pearls and moonstones are very appropriate to use during this feast. It is not spell work but a celebration of Diana's power and protection- a Day to honor Her.If you have a small doll or statue of a young woman it is traditional to place a wreathe of flowers around Her head as you give greeting. I like to cast the Circle with a combination of herbs and flower petals as well. Mugwort, Jasmine and Wormwod are special to her. As She was originally Italian/Etruscan I also use fennel and basil. In fact I made a blend of jaasmine (Her most favorite and strongest correspondence along with the crescent moon), fennel (just a wee touch) and basil. Worn in August heat it is lovely. (Does not seem so nice in ooler weather. This is an oil for the high full heat and sensuality of August and the Mediterranean).Diana is typically seen standing with her bow and arrows, surrounded by animals, esp dogs and deer. The Charge of Aradia is typically said aloud (you can find it online I suppose).You are supposed to make crescent-shaped cakes of grain, wine, honey in her memory and say: "Blessings upon this meal, which is as my own body. For without such sustenance, I would perish from this world. Blessings upon the grain, which as seed went into the earth where deep secrets hide. And there did dance with the elements, and spring forth as flowered plant, concealing secrets strange. When you were in the ear of grain, spirits of the fields came to cast their light upon you, and aid you in your growth. Thus through you shall I be touched by that same Race, and the mysteries hidden within you, I shall obtain even unto the last of these grains." (Raven Grimassi).
Part of the Charge that I like: (This is Aradia, Diana's daughter speaking)
"Give offerings all to She who is our Mother. For She is the beauty of the Green Wood, and the light of the moon among the stars, and the mystery which gives life, and always calls us to come together in Her name."
You are supposed to do the Rite of Union when placing the crown on the statue or altar. It is a mudra or combination of hand movements symbolizing communion and blessing. I have no way of showing it here but you could improvise: Raise hands above head in "prayer" fashion, slowly bring them down to third eye, then midchest near heart, then down to solar-plexus and hold them palms upwards one hand upon the other, then slowly extend outward and gently bow head in thanks to Diana.If you have a sword or athame you then lay it on the altar or at Her feet and say: "My Lady, all power is giving to You, for this is so ordained. And with love there is submission to your ways, and reign is given over to your hands."

http://pmsa.cch.kcl.ac.uk/images/nrpBM/BMGA25.jpg

Picture of Diana

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... 8%26sa%3DN
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:10 am

By Wildwood (Wildwood) on Wednesday, August 2, 2006 - 09:20 pm:

There is a wonderful statue of Diana, in Diana's grove in the Arboretum at Blair Atholl Castle in Scotland, some of the tallest trees of their kind in Britain. Truly wonderful trees, if you love trees, as I do. With Diana hunting in the middle of this forest it is magical.

I'll try to get a photograph next time I visit and post for all to see.

B.B.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:10 am

By Freyawyche (Freyawyche) on Thursday, August 3, 2006 - 06:04 am:

http://www.stregheria.com/
This is Raven Grimassi's website if anyone is interested.His books are also easily obtained from Amazon.com. The history of the cult of Diana is very well documented and even mentioned in the Bible (New Testament) as the cult of Diana of Ephesus (the city of Ephesis). The cult was in opposition to the Catholic Church and was practiced in the countryside. At the time the Church was a powerful and repressive religious, POLITICAL, ECONOMIC and RULING BODY so this was like a grassroots backlash and refusal of the common people or "pagans" to be dominated in spiritual as well as other ways. The history gives you some idea of what went on and also how fortunate we are and how free to practice what we choose. We have come a long way.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:11 am

By Freyawyche (Freyawyche) on Thursday, August 3, 2006 - 06:08 am:

http://www.stregheria.com/articles.htm
Some articles on Raven's website.
TheWiseHedgewitch

Return to Old Forum