Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

God & Goddess - a male perspective

God & Goddess - a male perspective

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:59 am

By Wildwood (Wildwood) on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 09:50 pm:

Well here goes.

Possibly the start of something contentious! or more likely something to bore you all to tears.

First I have to give a little background.
One - I'm male, and getting on in years, I've got a bus pass, say no more!

Second - I'm a scientist, I've a PhD in material science, I've designed computer chips, I do software! God and Goddess - you must be joking!

Third - I'm very conventional. I wear a suit to work, I'm a member of Rotary, I'm married, two children, I've a dog (a beagle - not so conventional!).

But I'm not! I've investigated the meaning of life pretty hard, pretty ineffectively if you look at the results. However I have tried to look at things scientifically/logically, and basically, in the end I consider that there is a good possibility that a "Creator" exists. My "Creator" snapped some fingers and created universes not just the one we are in but parallel ones. In our Universe galaxies, solar systems and everything else were created, "en passant" as it were, the creator may or may not have moved on to create bigger and better things, or smaller possibly lesser creations!

To care for this transitional creation that we exist in, the creator created two guardians, a duality, the goddess and the god! They are there to guide us, to help us. They are the ones that put the detail into our universe; the "Creator" threw in a mix of atoms and energy, set the rules of quantum physics and other rules, but the Goddess and the God created the blue skies, the smell of wet earth, the sound of a running stream, everything that makes me celebrate being alive!

Now I haven't said much about the "God" yet, I actually find it difficult to divorce the Goddess and the God in a spiritual sense, they are working together. I also haven't said how I came to the conclusion that there is a God and a Goddess, not a single, all powerful, male, unforgiving deity.

Suffice to say that a few years ago I went through a life changing experience, the Goddess and the God appeared and brought me from the edge of life as we know it, death was never again a frightening concept, just a new path.

Anyway, having survived, I did a bit more research and "The craft" satisfied my innermost thoughts, it also made sense of all those experiences, thoughts and doubts that I had had over many years before. Doubts that I had buried in my subconscious and my conventional normal life.

Well that is the start of Wildwood, my magical name should indicate the direction I'm going but for now I'm going to sign off - I've a lot more thinking to do before I continue. I'm a slow thinker.

Bright blessings to you all.
TheWiseHedgewitch

Re: God & Goddess - a male perspective

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:00 am

By Freyawyche (Freyawyche) on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 01:49 am:

Way to go! My husband always reminds me that he must put things "through the filter" (he drew me this monstrously hideous picture of a big funnel with a blob at the bottom that was the filter- I think it was his liver with a touch of cirrhosis to be sure).He started this horrible picture and concept 15 years ago when we were planning our wedding (we wrote our own ceremony) and I still have the picture of the filter...so funny, but human.A wonderful illustration of the differences that give balance to our male/female world. So keep thinking and then post when ready...we are all awaiting you. Carry on bro.(Do you know the story of how Freya got her magick necklace? She had to be very patient and sleep with a bunch- a veritable gaggle - of dwarves-one night at a time-so i must also practice this virtue, as my name is FreyaWyche!
TheWiseHedgewitch

By Wildwood (Wildwood) on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 11:26 am:

Hi Freyawyche,
I did not know of Freya's necklace, Brisingamen. So I did a bit of dutiful research.
My first vision was of you, as a wild woman, storming through New Jersey, in a chariot, drawn by wild cats!

I had to have a glass of ice cold water!

Anyhow I'm back to the serious thinking, probably with something added to the water.

B.B.
TheWiseHedgewitch

By Bonnie (Bonnie) on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 05:46 pm:

Hi Wildwood - now we all have something more to think about. I'll take mine shaken, not stirred? Those life changing experiences always seem to me to be the God/dess whacking us up-side the head to get us to pay attention.

My mind works in pictures. I have this image of a meandering, infinite beam of blue energy. Over there it bubbles up and becomes a planet, over here another bubble becomes a single-celled critter on planet B, and somewhere else it's a horse, a tree, a rock, a bird, a drop of water, etc. But it's all one thing, all the same "stuff". And it's this same stuff that we witches cast circle with & that responds to our spells. It's the same stuff we're made of. And all of it, all at once, is the body of Creator.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:02 am

By Wildwood (Wildwood) on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 10:45 pm:

Well, the weather has been too warm to do much thinking. As they say “Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits!”. The weather and a few beers made it appropriate – to “just sit”.

Anyhow – while we men normally sit around, and philosophise, put the world to rights, and generally think on a higher plane, I feel that I should continue with telling you all my thoughts of a male perspective of the Goddess and God!

At this stage please imagine that the previous paragraph was interspersed with flashing “smiley’s” because I can imagine ladies with stripy socks beating me over the head with their broomsticks!

I think that I can understand the “curiosity” of the “Goddess’s” amongst us as to what might possibly motivate a man to be a “witch”. I don’t think that many of us (the group) have come from a “long line of witches”; so to follow “the path” is not in the blood as it were. Many of us in this group appear to have come away from the conventional religions, have realised that there are limitations in those religions and are searching more deeply. We are not a conventional group; we are following the “hedge witch” tradition – possibly. Most of us are “solitary” followers of the path; we pick and choose aspects that suit are innermost feelings. I for instance have a great affinity for Celtic history, yet others among us, I am sure we can guess who, will treasure Nordic history and others will view history differently. But we will all weave our views into our own ”tradition”, we do not all slavishly follow “the Gardnerian Wicca or Alexandrian Wicca Paths” for example. I also believe that because we are independent thinkers we can ask the advice of our friends here and we will not be afraid to disagree on some points of belief without worrying about someone directing a thunderbolt or two at us.

I know that I haven’t yet got down to the bit where he explains “Why is he a witch? How does he align himself with the God?” I’m still wrestling with the question, let alone the answer!

When I referred earlier to the ladies among us as the “Goddess’s”, I really mean that. I mean that you carry the essence of the Goddess in every thing you do, you represent her beauty, her compassion, her creativity and all the other aspects that we worship.

Well that’s enough for now, but by the way, my Goddess has a sense of humour!

Bright Blessings to you all!
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:03 am

By Freyawyche (Freyawyche) on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 04:32 am:

Wildwood: You are off to a pretty hilarious and also introspective, thoughtful start in answering my question about male witches and the God/Goddess. I almost *** when I read your description of me! I am really not so wild...and have 3 Yorkshire terriers, so the reality is a bit different. And I study/practice Celtic,Nordic, Italian, Hellenic witchcraft paths-but keep find myself drifting back to a green, make it with your hands and heart, let your spirit flow hedgewitchery direction. In my working life I must be so analytical that in my magickal life I treasure letting that go and letting the Goddess lift me and fill me...many times without warning, and sometimes it gets me in a bit of trouble....One little story about Freya: I had to testify at a hearing when a nurse I work with was accused of stealing narcotics. I was very nervous about the hearing as I had volunteered to give personal testimony that our dispensing machine was broken. My superiors and the hospital lawyer were going to be questioning me before an arbitrator. So....in my best Freya style I dressed up (it was summer) in a long pale sage green silk dress, put on makeup/amber jewelry/perfume, carried magickal stones in my palms and off I went. The 'hearing' was in a hotel conference room. We were called in one at a time. Left waiting in the hallway I sat in a chair, closed my eyes and invoked any Goddess who would hear my call. I wanted more than my own personal power on that day and I asked directly and pointedly for it. So...in I go to be questioned. Well! Through the whole debacle I could not help smiling, making little jokes with the arbitrator about his wife and my husband, etc.At the end he said he thought I had certainly enjoyed myself! I was so flirtatious that I simply could not believe the change in my behavior and thought Oh no! What an assh..I was! THEN I recognized the work of my darling Freya! She had answered and filled me with a measure of feminine wiles I would never dare to use. The upshot is my friend won her case...then the hospital stated that "there was something 'wrong' with the arbitrator. I guess he had his fill of Freya!

BTW I know this is supposed to be the 'male' God/Goddess thread, but that was my only experience of the Goddess just taking me over. It was rather like being taken over and consumed by a lover. Is that anything like what a man feels for the Goddess? Or put another way: Do you ever feel the God overtake you in this manner?
TheWiseHedgewitch

Return to Old Forum