Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 4 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Deity Dreams

Deity Dreams

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:16 am

By Freyawyche (Freyawyche) on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 04:37 am:

I performed my first ritual and spell casting way back in the 1970's, but formally began my study of wicca and witchcraft in 1998. At the time I had no conscious desire to 'find' a new spirituality or religion, but had an unsettling experience with Catholicism due to confession. Confession, in general can be a good and freeing thing...my particular experience on that day was not and left me very unsettled and unhappy, and open for something ELSE.So I kinda just fell into wicca. In the beginning, when all was new, I fought against the idea of worshiping Goddesses..It was just so counter to what I had accepted all my life. THEN I was introduced to Freya (As a result of a Star Trek episode on TV..of all things!) and many of my fears eased. My question is this: have any of you ever met your patron Goddess of God in your dreams? At the time of my initial investigations, I had two dreams of Goddesses. Both dreams were not asked for. I was not particularly thinking of one Goddess either. My first dream was of Isis. Now She is not my patron deity or one on whom I had called, but She came to me in dream. She appeared to me in her temple, was walking slowly toward me, eyes focused on mine. She did not look severe or angry but serious and quietly powerful. The thing that bugs me is She did not say a word! I also dreamt of Hecate a few months later: same thing...She appeared to me but did not speak, or gesture, or anything. What does this mean???
TheWiseHedgewitch

Re: Deity Dreams

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:17 am

By Bonnie (Bonnie) on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 03:13 pm:

I would see the dreams as invitations to explore the otherworldly realms, or as an indication that your subconscious mind was pushing you to change paths.

To give you deeper insight, 1st I think maybe you need to know about Isis and Hecate as individual goddesses, & see what they may have in common. Then on the opposite side, see what their differences are. Insight can come from differences as well as similarities.

Right off the top of my head, Isis is most often associated with Life and Hecate is oft associated with Death. Hecate is the patroness of witches and of the underworld. She is associated also with cross-roads which symbolize the intersection of worlds.

Eye-contact with dream characters to me means deep communion beyond words. You could re-visit the dream via trance journey & regain eye contact & see where it goes...?

I've had a similar experience. My initiation into WC included a vision followed by a dream of Anubis guiding me through a labyrinth inside a pyramid. At the end I was given book & told certain things that I've used to create my own path I call the Way of the 7th Moon.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:17 am

By Freyawyche (Freyawyche) on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 06:52 pm:

That is to cool about your own Path given by Anubis.
I am familiar with Isis, and very familiar with Hecate. so when they failed to speak it was confusing. But the way you described it- direct eye contact as communication beyond words- well..that gives it a new spin. I am definitely going to try to trance my way back to them! Good suggestion.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:18 am

By Bernie (Bernie) on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 05:05 am:

my one with cernunnos wasn't a path more just some time in the woods. i was meandering in the woods as i did and maybe that was what i used as the trigger, we met by an oak but there were no passing through doors or stairs we just staid by the oak and experienced the whole wood from that spot. it was as if he wanted to see what i saw while showing me some very different ways of seeing.
bb
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:19 am

By Freyawyche (Freyawyche) on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 08:36 pm:

Bernie : I like Cernunnos too but am confused as to the difference between Cernunnos and Herne. Can you enlighten me? And they are different from the Green man, right? I concentrated so much on Goddesses that only now do I have time and feel pulled over to the male side sometimes. It is providing a good balance. I made an essential oil blend last year for Pan (I always channel the energy of a God or Goddess into the oil when I am blending) and my girlfriend's husband said it was good. Want the recipe?
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:19 am

y Bonnie (Bonnie) on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 03:43 pm:

Concept-wise: Cernunnos and Herne are "titles", not actual names, and both words mean Horned. So they refer to the Horned God, depicted in animal form as a stag, goat or bull, or as a man with antlers. He is the father figure, and the protector/guardian. As an underworld figure he is guardian of the gates to the underworld seen in the Hades aspect.

The Greenman is the son figure, born of the Earth-Mother. He is Nature in-the-green & depicted as the foliate mask.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:20 am

By Freyawyche (Freyawyche) on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 09:09 pm:

Oh MAN! This explains a lot. I love the statue/representation of Cernunnos, sitting cross-legged, with his horns in the air. I love stags with their racks, etc And this past year I have written a series of poems , which started with the persona of Persephone. The series has shifted through time though and now seems concentrated on Hades.Now i did not intend to write about Hades at all- He scares me a bit, I gotta say. Anyway I find I am tapping into what His perspective might be when He and Persephone descended to His realm. That is what most of the series is about. It is a nice 'accident' for me that Hades, the Underworld and the Horned One are related.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:20 am

By Bonnie (Bonnie) on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 09:28 pm:

Guess it just means you are tuning in to the threads that connect the themes. That's always encouraging.
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:23 am

By Cariadseren (Cariadseren) on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 08:00 pm:

it is odd though isn't it that these things take particular forms in our dreams-i mean why? why does my herne look wet and damp and woody, and other peoples look totally different and we can all see that they're the same concept the same spirit....that's very odd to me. i can understand that herne is panish, or paniced (sp?) when he wants ;) but to me pan isn't the same. interesting. well i'm off to cerne (herne) abbas for beltane (big chalk figure carved in the landscape) in the uk famous for his obvious masculinity....he hum which is very unlike my herne so maybe it'll be a development of what i've previously experienced
brightest blessings all
ps my work have blocked this as a site to view.....grrrrr
blooming fascists
TheWiseHedgewitch

PostAuthor: TheWiseHedgewitch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:24 am

By Bernie (Bernie) on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 01:54 am:

Freyawyche I am not as tech and precise as a lot of people on the board I have just been a rambler of the woods well was till I got ill so my explanations may seem odd but the main difference for me is that herne is a lot more will o the wisp and flighty an altogether lighter being than cernunnos who is much more solid and stable allowing more of a sense of being with but being without judgment. Well its something like that through my eyes although I will be looking through different eyes again soon
BB
TheWiseHedgewitch

Next

Return to Old Forum