Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 4 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

How do I know if a Deity is calling me?

How do I know if a Deity is calling me?

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Fri May 20, 2011 2:05 pm

Typically, when someone is "tapped" by a God or Goddess, there is a series of messages, rather than a single isolated incident. Many of these messages are symbolic in nature, rather than actual "Hey! I'm Athena! Lookit me!" kind of things.

As an example, you might have a dream or vision in which you are approached by a human figure who has something different about them. You'll probably know it's a deity, but they are sometimes evasive when it comes to telling you who they are - so you could do some research, and figure out who it was based upon appearance and characteristics.

In addition to a vision, you might have an experience in which symbols of this God or Goddess appear randomly in your daily life. Perhaps you've never seen an owl before in your area, and now one has built a nest above your back yard, or someone gives you a gift of an owl statue out of the blue - owls could represent Athena or Blodeuwedd. Pay attention to repeat occurrences, and see if you can determine a pattern. Eventually you may be able to figure out who it is that's trying to get your attention.

Bear in mind as well that raising magical energy may heighten your awareness of this sort of thing. If you're someone who raises energy a lot, that may leave you far more open to receiving a message from the Divine than someone who doesn't do much energy work.
May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

)O(
Tylluan

Return to Deity