Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 6 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

What did you do in your sacred garden today?

What did you do in your sacred garden today?

PostAuthor: OldOmen » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:36 am

I wanted to start a thread for all the gardeners here to contribute to. What did YOU do in your scared garden today?
OldOmen

Re: What did you do in your sacred garden today?

PostAuthor: OldOmen » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:41 am

I'm currently in the middle of working in the garden, the wormwood is getting a new location with more sun to hopefully keep it going. The Motherwort needs trimming back, there is just too much at the moment and is as tall as I am, if anyone has suggestions for something to do with it all let me know, I am drowning in it.
The mugwort's are going to get a permanent home in the ground, currently they sit in pots with lanterns either side the door to the greenhouse. My Hellebore is also looking for a new location around the garden.
OldOmen

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:03 am

I'm afraid that my sacred garden is minute and only consists of a few plants in pots (apart from my lavender). This is because we are in rented accommodation and we're not allowed to change the garden. I wish we could though, as it's a jungle out there! For me, it's mid-winter too, so my garden is still dormant. I can't wait for spring and to see my snowdrops pushing through :D
May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

)O(
Tylluan

PostAuthor: OldOmen » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:55 am

Just because things are in pots doesn't make it any less magical ;) you can do some beautiful things with pots :D as much as I love the silence of winter I do sometimes get a little bored waiting for everything to wake up!
OldOmen

PostAuthor: bgillis101 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:12 pm

It was -13 with a windchill of -40 this AM. I am dreaming of my garden, the sage & lavender, the marigold seeds to start, the new things to plant for next year. Wondering what has survived this coldest season in many a long year.
I am also wondering about inside herb pots as part of an kitchen alter. Suggestions?
My path is more like a Hokey Pokey.
bgillis101

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:23 pm

bgillis101 wrote:I am also wondering about inside herb pots as part of an kitchen alter. Suggestions?

Hi Gillian

I have a link here that might be of some use for you. It is 13 indoor herbs to grow and tips on how to start. Then I think a bit of research is in order for you. Read up about what the different herbs mean and choose the ones that have the most meaning for you. I might choose 5 that are completely different than you. There is no right or wrong in this, you have to go with what is right for you. There is loads of information on the net and there might even be something in the Herbs section here (my apologies, I've been slacking with my posts recently so the "library" isn't that full!)

http://www.oregonlive.com/hg/index.ssf/ ... doors.html
Attachments
herbsjpg-95604f1617d39321.jpg
herbsjpg-95604f1617d39321.jpg (642.96 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

)O(
Tylluan

PostAuthor: Hazel » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:15 pm

what an interesting post OldOmen well done.
unfortunately My garden suffered badly with the winds and bad weather. much is still under water, and fences in need of replacing at the moment the new panels are taking up room in the greenhouse awaiting to be replaced. I have managed to repair the glass in the greenhouse, but with my husband is still out of work due to his injury. the cost of replacements has used up our money, so I have been unable to get potting compost to start my plants off, as they all need replacing all my herbs have blown to where ever, or rotted in the rains. my cuttings over wintered in the green house have all been shredded and no longer usable by flying glass, so it is a case of waiting and probably cheating in a few weeks time by starting fresh with new bought plants. a shame as I have not bought any for years. the old sturdy Plants bushes and trees seem to be enjoying the flood and and showing some nice new buds, I can't wait to get out and start trimming.

B.B.
Hazel
Hazel

PostAuthor: bgillis101 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:39 am

Hazel,
I didn't realize you had such bad weather. It can be heart wrenching to see that destruction. Hoping it gets sorted soon for you. I didn't work in my garden as it is still under a lot of snow with another foot or more forecast for this week :( I did collect willow and sumac branches for our Imbolc fire.
If you get a chance, I'd love to see pics of your garden.
Blessings,
Gillian
My path is more like a Hokey Pokey.
bgillis101

Return to Garden