Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 5 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: Baidu [Spider] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Introduction to Alternative Healing

If you need healing or have information which could help with healing, post here.

Introduction to Alternative Healing

PostAuthor: Hazel » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:38 pm

There are many forms of alternative medicines available; some of which are more recognized than others, although many adhere to the same principle, and are practiced in a similar way yet these are given different names.
Reiki. Energy Healing. Angel Therapy. Hands on Healing. Spiritual Healing. Faith Healing. these all have the same set of Principles.
then there is Herbal healing and Crystal Healing to name a few.

What Is A Holistic Healing?
Definition of HOLISTIC
1: of or relating to holism
2: relating to or concerned with wholes or with complete systems rather than with the analysis of, treatment of, or dissection into parts <holistic medicine attempts to treat both the mind and the body> <holistic ecology views humans and the environment as a single system>
Holistic health is a philosophy of medical care that views physical, mental and spiritual aspects of life. Usually associated with alternative medicine, it is also increasingly used in mainstream medical practice as part of a broad view of patient care

Holistic healing is the art of relieving the whole body by cleansing it. It may include musical healing, spiritual healing, weight loss programmes and detoxing programmes. However, holistic healing should not be used as a substitute for physical healing and sometimes seeing a doctor is the best solution.

Holistic healing can not be taught but through guidance any one can practice it.
Some people are more natural recipients for the Earth energies and channeling them than others.
As everyone has this ability, once in while you can try and give your poor overworked body and mind a boost.
The Four Levels of Being - What makes us feel healthy?
In order to understand how holistic healing works, we must realize that there are many physical and non-physical factors that contribute to our overall health.
In holistic healing, we talk about the four levels, bodies or planes of being: physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. Our bodies radiate these four levels of being in the form of energy.
These levels reflect the different aspects of ourselves that operate interdependently; when one level is affected, one or more other levels are also affected. For example, when a change occurs on an emotional level, a reaction occurs on the physical level and visa versa.
This is why in holistic medicine, the state of our emotional body is known to positively or negatively influence our physical health. This chain reaction effect is how holistic healing works.

Before and after a healing it is important to ground and cleanse oneself.
Before attempting to heal someone else, you should heal your self first.
this is a good way to practice and get to know how it feels.
If you yourself are not feeling well and refreshed Healing a client is the quickest way to make you feel worse and you will be unable to channel the energies proficiently.
Even if you are well it is always best to lay down breathing regularly starting at your feet slowly bring your hands over your body ending with the top of your head, take a deep breath and rub your hands together to rid the energies, this cleanses the body and you will feel where there is negative energy, if everything was ok then you can commence treating a client if not then you must treat yourself.
You will do this regularly if you follow the night Grounding in the next post under that heading.

An important note
On commencing any energy form of healing, it is important to make sure that you are in good condition your self. If you are feeling unwell yes heal yourself but it is better not to attempt to heal anyone else till you are on top form, I can't stress this enough see below.

A personal experience I have five clients at the moment, two receiving distant healing on a daily bases, this alone takes a toll on your own resources, as I did not want to let them down. I have been continuing the distance healing While I have an infection in both ears, not only is my own healing taking longer to clear up the infection (now on antibiotics) it takes me a lot longer to recover from the overload of energies leaving me physically weakened. a glass of water or something to eat after each session would normally have me feeling relaxed and energized.
Attachments
healing hands.jpg
healing hands.jpg (5.25 KiB) Viewed 1502 times
Hazel

Re: Introduction to Alternative Healing

PostAuthor: Hazel » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:59 pm

A list of alternative (Holistic) Therapy’s
I thought it may be an idea to add this list as it shows just how many therapy treatments there are around; it is by no means conclusive.
Mind-body interventions
Mind-body interventions, this covers a variety of techniques designed to enhance the mind's capacity to affect bodily function and symptoms.
• Aromatherapy
• Art Therapy
• Autosuggestion
• Bach Flower Therapy
• Buteyko method
• Eutony
• Feldenkrais method
• Hatha yoga
• Hypnotherapy
• Metamorphic Technique
• Journaling
• Meditation
• Music Therapy
• Nia technique
• Reiki
• Self-hypnosis
• Support groups
• Taijiquan
• Trager Approach
• Visualization
• Vivation
• Yoga
Manipulative and body-based methods
For alternative treatments that are based on manipulation and/or movement of one or more parts of the body.
• Active Isolate Stretching
• Acupressure
• Alexander Technique
• Body work
• Bowen Technique
• Chiropractic
• Feldenkrais Method
• Martial arts
• Massage therapy
• Medical acupuncture
• Metamorphic Technique
• Myofascial Release
• Naprapathy
• Osteopathy
• Rolfing
• Shiatsu
• Taijiquan
• Tulayoga
• Trager Approach
• Tui na
Energy medicine
For alternative treatments that involve the use of veritable (i.e., that which can be measured) and putative (i.e., that which have yet to be measured) energy fields.
• Jin Shin Jyutsu
• Magnet therapy
• Medical Qigong
• Reiki
• Shiatsu
• Therapeutic Touch
• The WISE Method (Holistic Integrated Spiritual Energy)
• Eden Energy Medicine - approach developed by Donna Eden

Traditional Chinese medicine
Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) is a system of health care which is based on the Chinese notion of harmony and balance inside the human body as well as harmony between the body and its outside environment.
• TCM is an ancient, diverse system of many, sometimes competing, schools which can include or address the following components:

o Acupressure
o Acupuncture
o Chinese martial arts
o Chinese pulse diagnosis
o Cupping
o Five Elements
o Food therapy
o Herbology
o Jing
o Trigger point
o Yin and yang
o Zang Fu theory
o

Yoga
Yoga is a diverse and ancient East Indian practice. There are many different styles and schools of yoga. It is generally a combination of breathing exercises, physical postures, and meditation that calms the nervous system and balances body, mind, and spirit. It is thought to prevent specific diseases and maladies by relaxing the body, deepening respiration and calming the mind. Yoga has been used to lower blood pressure, reduce stress, and improve flexibility, concentration, sleep, and digestion. It has also been used as supplementary therapy for such diverse conditions as cancer, diabetes, asthma, and AIDS.
Hazel

Return to Healing