Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Reiki

If you need healing or have information which could help with healing, post here.

Reiki

PostAuthor: Hazel » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:00 pm

I am studying this at the moment, although I have gained some information and have a started working on a post for this subject. feel free to add your knowledge.I know someone has lately completed level 1, but I can't find the post yet.

Reiki
What is Reiki ?
Reiki (pronounced Ray-key) is a Japanese name consisting of 2 words Rei and Ki meaning spiritually guided life energy (commonly known as Universal Life Energy), an energy which animates us all and is found all around us.
Reiki is a form of spiritual healing using "universal life energy" channeled through the practitioner to the recipient.
Reiki helps to harmonize body, mind and spirit for yourself or anyone you want to help.

Reiki is a body, mind, and spirit healing system that was created in approximatly1922 by Dr Mikao Usui. He believed that in order for us to practice Reiki and transfer healing energy to one other, we must first take care of our own health and well-being. It is good to live your life in a simple, positive and nurturing way. With that, he developed the Five Reiki Principles for living a centered life:

There are two main branches of Reiki, commonly referred to as Traditional Japanese Reiki and Western Reiki. Though differences can be wide and varied between branches and traditions, the primary difference is that Westernized forms use systematized hand-placements rather than relying on an intuitive sense of hand-positions which is commonly used by Japanese Reiki branches. Both branches commonly have a three-tiered hierarchy of degrees, usually referred to as the First, Second, and Master/Teacher level, all of which are associated with different skills and techniques.
Reiki treatment
You relax, fully clothed, on a couch or seated while the healer holds his hands on or above you. A treatment can last an hour or longer depending on the treatment required. In the western world many practitioners use the standard hand positions and commonly a full treatment is given covering all the important organs of the body.
There is no pressure on the body making it ideal for treating all ages and conditions, sometimes hands are even held away from the body. The energy flows wherever it is required (spiritually guided) and can normally be felt as a warm sensation or tingling in the body. Receiving Reiki is a very relaxing and soothing experience!

Usui Mikao’s guide line for living with Reiki on a daily bases.
The secret art of inviting happiness
The miraculous medicine of all diseases
Just for today, do not anger
Do not worry and be filled with gratitude
Devote yourself to your work. Be kind to people.
Every morning and evening, join your hands in prayer.
Pray these words to your heart
and chant these words with your mouth

Mikao Usui Sensei 1865 – 1926. Born in Japan
Mikao Usui was the originator of what we today call Reiki, As a child he studied in a Tendai Buddhist monastery school entering at an early age. He was also a student of different martial arts. His memorial states that he was a talented hard working student, he liked to read and his knowledge of medicine, psychology, fortune telling and theology of religions around the world,
At some point in his life he became a Tendai Buddhist Monk/Priest (what we in the west call a lay priest). On several occasions he took a form of meditation lasting 21 days. On his memorial it says that at one time this took place on Mount Kurama (Horse Saddle Mountain). This is where he is supposed to have been given the inspiration for his system of healing - Reiki. It is very likely that he incorporated ideas and knowledge about healing from other system, both spiritual and physical, like Chinese Medicine, other Eastern healing systems like Chi Gong, the Japanese equivalent Kiko, acupuncture and others.
Mikao Usui found that the healing techniques contained within his spiritual system worked well on various ailments. In April 1922 he opened his first school/clinic in Harajuku Tokyo. Usui had a small manual which is now translated into English and published by Western Reiki Master living in Japan, Frank Arjava Petter, under the title
"The Original Reiki Handbook of Dr Mikao Usui"
Mikao Usui's skills as a healer and teacher must have been very good and his fame spread very quickly throughout Japan. This was a time of great change in Japan, opening up to the West and changes both in government and religion. His teachings became popular among the older people who saw them as a return to old ideals and spiritual practices.
Three levels of teachings of Japanese Reiki
Usui Sensei's teachings were divided into 6 levels, Shoden (4 levels), Okuden (2 levels) and Shinpi-den. The beginning level student (Shoden) had to work hard at increasing their own spirituality before being able to move on to the Okuden (inner teachings) level. Not many students reached the next level of Shinpi-den - Mystery/secret teachings.
It is reported that he had taught his system of healing to well over 2000 persons, and what we in the West call Reiki Masters (no such title existed in Japan at the time) to 15 - 17 persons.
I have found that both book’s and the internet have different versions of his life history.

The Reiki Association is a not for profit association for people who have learned Reiki.

In the beginning...

1990 there were discussions about anticipated restrictions to be imposed on practitioners of complementary therapies by the EC. Reiki masters Kristin Bonney and Martha Sylvester were also being asked about legalities and insurance by their students who wanted to offer Reiki publicly.

They got together with other UK Reiki masters, culminating in the foundation of the Association of European Reiki Practitioners (AERP) on 5th June 1991 in Bristol. This somewhat cumbersome title was chosen because it was hoped that our European colleagues, constrained by Roman Law, could eventually benefit from an organization established under the lesser constraints of British Law.

At this early stage it was decided that this organization should be open to 1st and 2nd level students as well as masters and to people of all Reiki lineages, making it at the time a unique organization.
In order to learn Reiki you need to do two things: you need to be ‘attuned’ to the energy and you need to be taught what to do to use Reiki for your own benefit and for the benefit of others.
When you learn Reiki you are not being connected to a ‘new’ energy, something that was not part of you before and which you are newly attached to. All that happens when you go through a Reiki attunement (or an ‘empowerment’) is that you are assisted to recognize something that was already there: something that has always been there, but which you were not consciously aware of before you went through the attunements. So Reiki attunements ‘make the introductions’ between yourself and an energy that is already part of you and always has been Once you have been attuned you need to learn some things: you need to learn how to use the energy on yourself and you need to learn how to share the energy with other people by way of Reiki treatments.
Why do our Reiki courses?
You will have a Usui-sensei's Japanese lineage to encompass the best and most effective Reiki training available while staying as true as possible to the methods and spirit of Usui-sensei's teachings and receive your attunements along with the mantras.
Course syllabuses are comprehensive and include all the subjects required to cover the Reiki Council NOS recommendations. Level 1 and 2 course prepares you for both professional practice and personal use of Reiki. Level 3 course helps you to further develop your Reiki abilities and gives you everything you need to teach Reiki confidently and professionally.
Choose classes for individuals or very small groups to ensure that you get the best possible tuition based on personal needs.
To join a class you will gain wealth of knowledge and experience of Reiki as both Reiki teachers and practitioners, will pass on to their students through out the Reiki course and on-going post-course support.
Check on line for a course, check them out.
I found a local course doing level 1.with excellent write ups close by to where I live; great I could walk it. It took me months to save up the course fees of 95 pounds, on enrollment I was given the title of the book I needed to buy, The Reiki Manuel by Penelope Quest. Which I faithfully purchased at the full price as I did not have time to wait by ordering on line as my course started the next day. There where only three of us on the course. One taking level two the third person was taking level 3. ALL ON THE SAME COURSE. After introducing himself the sensei told us to read the first chapter, and left the room. The other two started discussing the type of training we were going to be given and were disgusted (I was a novice so had no idea of what to expect anyway) Mr Level 3 left the room and a row ensued out in the hall way level 2 and my self went out to support our fellow student. The up come was we had a book, study it. He had the money that would not be returned us. Level 3 made a few calls (the Reiki council in London and the local council offices) and found out that he was not qualified and was operating a business illegally from his council house. The write ups where of course his own doing. (The council evicted him and he disappeared, so the money is lost)
So at the moment I am learning from the book and saving up for my next local course; the Sensei checked out, and what’s more the three month course cost 75 pounds for each level.
The reason I want to study Reiki when I have been practicing an energy therapy for the past 49 years, well a regular diploma with the backing of a council then I can charge a fee legally, at the moment I practice for free if I lived in another county I would be able to register with the local authority and practice. (Sometimes I’m lucky and receive a little thank you gift for my time and effort but I never open the envelope until I get home, no fee)
Attachments
Reiki Symbol.jpg
Reiki Symbol.jpg (4.32 KiB) Viewed 3989 times
Hazel

Re: Reiki

PostAuthor: WillowDawn » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:26 pm

Hi Hazel :)

Its 8 years since I did my Reiki 1 and 7 years since i did my reiki 2.
I keep planning to do my reiki 3 for ages, but something always comes up so ill know when the time is 'right'.
Possibly one of the best things Ive ever done!
I hope you find the right course for you soon Hazel.

Bright Blessings
Dawn x

WillowDawn

PostAuthor: Helen » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:18 pm

I'm hoping to do my Reiki 2 soon. I'll post here if it happens, and how I feel about it.

)O(
Always learning, as the wheel turns.
Helen

PostAuthor: Ushybiscushear » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:20 am

I received the level 1 attunement a couple months ago and I've been amazed by this incredible gift! Being a father of three children under the age of four as well as working six days a week, I don't always give myself the time to practice Reiki, but when I do use it I can feel the energy within me and actually see results. I came across a bird nest full of little eggs while at work and thought I'd give it a try because I had read in several sources that level 1 was mostly just for use on the self. Almost immediately I could feel a wonderful warmth between my hands and the nest, which was the kind that is enclosed with a small opening in the front. I have stopped bleeding from cuts on my hands and noticed quicker healing times with them just by holding my hand over the open wound. I was experiencing some pretty serious sciatica starting a couple days before my attunement and I don't usually take painkillers, so I used it on that area heavily every day after the attunement and first it shifted from right side to left, then was gone soon after, all within a week of getting the attunement. I met a Reiki master/teacher through an acquaintance of mine and he offered to do my second attunement only after I did the first over again with him. He came off a little too self-serving, boasting about his approach to Reiki and other crafts of his, so I'm going to stick to my Reiki master/teacher. She's a lovely person. Also, I will use Reiki on my dogs and cats, of which I have many, and they seem to enjoy it and I do get that warm sensation in the palms just about every time, so I believe it is working. You just have to open yourself up to the energy, meditate on it when you can (I do the Gassho meditation suggested by Usui) and use it every day, even if just a little. I will get my second attunement this Summer and if I can find the time, use it in animal shelters. The Earth needs healing, folks! Let's give it to her!

anyway....peace
doctor feet
Ushybiscushear

Return to Healing