Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

27th

27th

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:25 pm

A mild and sunny February is thought to be a bad omen, presaging a wet and stormy summer:

Of all the months in the year
Curse a fair Februeer.
Attachments
27 02.jpg
Mild & Sunny
27 02.jpg (283.4 KiB) Viewed 3711 times
May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

)O(
Tylluan

Re: 27th

PostAuthor: Wildwood » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:36 pm

Thanks for that Tylluan!

B.B.

Wildwood
Wildwood
Site Admin

PostAuthor: Hazel » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:19 pm

Oh how I hope not we have had decent weather here for the past four days and it has been wonderfull to get out in the garden at last and the amount of flowers preparing to bloom has amazed me,
My clematis has loads of buds on saying that we have had too many frosts and tempretures in the minus leading up to the last few days so that may be a good sign
B.B.
Hazel
Hazel

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:45 pm

:lol: Wildwood. My pleasure, as always!

Hazel, I'm glad you've been able to get out, I haven't, not yet. I have seen a few snowdrops as I've taken my daughter to school though and that is always a sight that I love.
May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

)O(
Tylluan

PostAuthor: kelticwytch » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:09 am

Where we are Feb has been bitterly cold with hale, and frost and ice and minus temperatures. only the last few days have been good.

However even through all this the snowdrops and crocus have been in flower for most of the month. and the Daffs have been pushing up all month too.

I have lived in this area for 12 years and have observed that if the Hawthorn tree along the village main road flowers before March we have a good warm sunny spring but a pretty crappy summer. It is always the first Hawthorn to flower in the valley no matter when it flowers. This year the first of it's flowers opened on Friday 24th and it was in full flower on Sunday! non of the other Hawthorns are flowering yet.

BB

kelticwytch

Return to February