Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 1 hidden and 3 guests

Most users ever online was 34 on Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:04 am

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

17th

17th

PostAuthor: Morgan » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:18 pm

The Roman festival of Saturnalia ran for seven days and was known for its extravagant decadence. Slaves were allowed to meet their masters on equal terms. In this season of goodwill to all, the greeting was "Bona Saturnalia". The modern celebration of Christmas is a continuation of this mid-winter festivity.
Attachments
Saturnalia.jpg
Saturnalia.jpg (179.97 KiB) Viewed 3654 times
Morgan )O(

May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

Morgan

Re: 17th

PostAuthor: Skywalker (Deceased) » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:29 am

Great picture, Tylluan, but, in my ignorance, I have so many questions about it. The picture seems to reference so many other religions.

The "Bright Blessings" of the frame sounds Craft. He wears a tattered robe, like the Buddha. (The Buddha and early Buddhist monks wore "patchwork" robes.) His right palm seems to show a wound like the Stigmata of the Christ.

Wonderful picture.

BB

Jim
Skywalker (Deceased)

PostAuthor: Morgan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:03 am

Jim, that is one of the reasons why I chose that picture. There is no such thing as a "pure" religion these days. Bits are taken from here and there, and on the whole, I don't view that as a bad thing. The picture tugged at me so I had to include it! Perhaps it wasn't suitable for the Saturnalia but I like it :D
Morgan )O(

May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

Morgan

PostAuthor: Skywalker (Deceased) » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:15 pm

I'm glad the picture grabbed you, Tylluan. So many of your pictures just speak for themselves. I'm glad they're here.

Blessings,

Jim
Skywalker (Deceased)

Return to December