Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Creating a Magical Tree

Creating a Magical Tree

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:49 pm

I have just finished reading Cassandra Eason's Complete Book of Natural Magic and thought that this might be of interest to some of us.

You can create your own magical tree in your garden. Although I only have a small garden, in the centre I have a magical tree that I use to circle round for spells and rituals and as a focus of power. It changes its energies according to the seasons and I sit close to it in sun, moon and starlight to absorb their different powers.

You can use any tree or large bush as long as it has plenty of branches. Indoors you can use a large ornamental tree or bush. Alternatively, use large, stripped-wood branches indoors or set them in soil. Wherever it is located, your magical tree acts as a protective force to repel harm from your property.

You can start the tree with just one or two items. You will need some of the following:

A witch ball or coloured glass fishing float that reflects the garden and shines in the sunlight. These are both protective and empowering. Witch balls resemble huge christmas baubles. You can make one by painting a glass sphere with metallic paint or buy one from a New Age shop or website. You can find them sold as disco balls in gift stores.

Mirrors. These need only be small to reflect the flow of the life force round the garden and repel all harm. You can use ordinary round mirrors or Chinese lucky Bagua mirrors that display the old Chinese symbols for eight natural forces that together energise the universe and our lives. Convex ones that curve outwards are especially protective.

Nets of seeds, nuts or fat balls brings wild birds to the tree. This is especially important if the tree itself is not living.

Symbols of fertility and prosperity. Fill small raffia baskets with long handles with coins, sparkling crystals like yellow citrine and clear crystal quartz or dried herbs like sage, rosemary and thyme that bring abundance to the garden and your home. You can often buy ornamental baskets set with wooden or ceramic fruits and flowers. Look in ethnic stores.

Small metal birds. You can sometimes buy these made from recycled metal. They will gleam in the light and encourage the circulation of positivity.

Feathers on cords to encourage positive change and the free-flowing life force.

Seasonal flowers, again especially important if the tree is not living. These can be weaved into circlets or used as garlands secured with twine. Keep these fresh and replace regularly.

Sun catchers, crystals or polished glass stones on chains.

Ribbons tied on the tree for different wishes. Secure the ribbon with three knots on to the tree and make your wish. Use ribbons that are not synthetic.

Use the following list when choosing the colours of items to put on your magical tree:

Blue: Justice, career, travel, house moves
    Brown: Animals, property, finances
    Green: Love and fidelity, for gradual increase in health, alternative healing, prosperity and to heal the planet
    Orange: Creativity, fertility
    Pink: Children, new or first love, peace, peaceful dreams, reconciliation
    Purple: Psychic awareness, peace, alternative healing, protection
    Red: Passion, change
    Yellow: Learning and anything that needs to happen fast or temporarily in your life, conventional healing
May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

Re: Creating a Magical Tree

PostAuthor: Helen » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:38 pm

Thank you for this, what a great idea. I might print this out and put it in my book. I might choose a tree...

Always learning, as the wheel turns.

Return to Trees