Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 14 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 14 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Aloe

Aloe

PostAuthor: Moonhare » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi I wasn't sure if this was the right place for this post, so Admin please reposition it if you think it doesn't belong here! My cat Archie, some of you will know from previous posts is a fighter, not a lover......! He had another bad fight last week & received a bite to his ear, sure enough true to form within 3 days a big abcess had formed behind his ear. Every time this happens I take him to the vet's they lance it, & give me antibiotics, (which he hates) it costs me £55 & he claws me to death twice a day for 10 days as I try to administer his drugs to him!
Funds are tight this month so I did some research about natural healing for cats & found that Aloe is a good natural anitiseptic & promotes healing. I lanced the abcess with a sterile needle, flushed the wound with a sea salt saline solution, dried it & cut a bit off my Aloe leaf until it oozed the juice, then I applied this directly to the wound with a cotton bud. I have done this twice a day for 3 days now & the abcess has not refilled, the wound is clean & dry & looking really good!
I am so happy as I worry about how the constant oral antibiotics are affecting him as well as the cost......! He dosen't fight me when I do it, so maybe it feels soothing to him, I will keep you posted but it looks like I may have found an alternative way of dealing with the results of his fights!
Thought it was worth a share for any of you (feisty cat) owners on here.

Blessed be
Moonhare )o(
May you touch Dragonflies & Stars, dance with Fairies & talk to the Moon...
Moonhare

Re: Aloe

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:38 am

Moonhare, I'm so glad you've found something that seems to work! I have no idea about herbs and cats but I'm sure that you have researched fully on the effect of herbs, and Aloe, onto cats. Please share any further information you have on one of nature's best healers!
May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

)O(
Tylluan

PostAuthor: Hazel » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Aloe can also be added to the food or water as an internal antibiotic

B.B.
Hazel
Hazel

PostAuthor: Moonhare » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:15 pm

Hi everyone, an update on Archie & his abcess, after 5 days of bathing & treating with the Aloe Juice twice a day, his abcess has completely cleared up, & he has lovely pink skin showing & his fur is starting to grow back. I am delighted, £55 richer than a visit to the vet's & it cleared up in half the time it has in the past on a 10 day course of antibiotics.
He is a happy boy, until his next fight......... He never learns!
I feel like the cat whisperer now!!!

B.B.
Moonhare )O(
May you touch Dragonflies & Stars, dance with Fairies & talk to the Moon...
Moonhare

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:45 am

So pleased to hear about Archie! Definitely sounds like it has worked a treat! I'll keep my fingers crossed that "next time" won't be for a little while at least :D
May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

)O(
Tylluan

Return to Herbs