Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests

Most users ever online was 52 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Magical Herb Use

Magical Herb Use

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:39 pm

If you have decided that you're ready to do a magical working but you're not sure which herbs are the best ones to use, then take a look at this list which you can use as a reference point to determine which herbs, plants and flowers can be used for your purposes.

Anxiety: Valerian, skullcap

Beauty: Rosemary, witch hazel, avocado, catnip, ginseng

Business: Hawthorn, sandalwood, basil, frankincense

Courage: Cedar, mullein, tonka bean, cinnamon, yarrow, thyme

Depression: Catnip, dandelion, honeysuckle, goldenrod, hazelnut, mugwort, lavender, saffron, shepherd's purse, coltsfoot

Employment/jobs: Bay leaf, bergamot, pecan

Fortune/luck: Anise, hazel, holly, pomegranate, snakeroot, cinquefoil, basil, clover

Friendship: Orange, lemon, sweet Annie, vanilla

Gambling/games: Chamomile, Buckeye

Healing: Apple blossom, lavender, barley, comfrey, eucalyptus, fennel, chamomile, goldenseal, feverfew, horehound, allspice, olive, rosemary, rue, sandalwood, wintergreen, peppermint

Intuition: Sage, tobacco leaf

Legal issues/justice: Chamomile, hickory, High John root

Love: Allspice, apple blossom, bleeding heart, catnip, lavender, periwinkle, peppermint, tulip, violet, daffodil, clove, yarrow, marjoram, basil, fig, valerian, endive

Lust: Allspice, cinnamon, clove, dill, foxglove, vanilla, ginseng, yohimbe

Money/prosperity: Bay leaf, basil, chamomile, clover, cinquefoil, tonka bean, Buckeye, myrtle, apple, sunflower, pennyroyal

Prophecy: Jasmine, mint, mugwort, sage, rose, tobacco leaf, heliotrope

Protection: Aloe vera, hyssop, asoefetida, mandrake, heather, holly, mugwort, onion, wood betony, valerian, sandalwood, snapdragon, fleabane, mustard, garlic, foxglove, dill, mistletoe

Sleep: Comfrey, lavender, rosemary, thyme

Strength: Oak, acorns, bay leaf, thistle, yarrow

Wisdom: Rowan, hazel, sage
Attachments
herbs.jpg
herbs.jpg (26.75 KiB) Viewed 7012 times
May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

)O(
Tylluan

Re: Magical Herb Use

PostAuthor: Nick O'Connor » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Hi Tylluan

Can I add a herb to your list? Having been on a recent herbal healing workshop that concentrated on salves, creams and the like, I've become a fan of ginger root for healing purposes. If you make up a salve of ginger, black mustard seeds, cloves, peppermint, chilli powder and rosemary, it is great for helping combat the cold in winter.

BB

Nick O'Connor
Nick O'Connor

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:52 am

Hey Nick, thanks for that addition! It sounds like a great one to use. Please feel free to add to ANY of the posts made! We all know bits that maybe others don't so sharing the knowledge is wonderful. Thank you for reading through and joining in :D
May your summers and winters be short, springs be mild and autumn reaping plentiful.

)O(
Tylluan

PostAuthor: Nick O'Connor » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi Tylluan

Magical herb use - part 2. It's now a bit wintry and we're coming up to Yule so I thought that I'd brew up (is that really the word?) a few jars of calendula (dried marigold) salve for the winter months. Calendula or a calendula/chamomile mix is really, really good for rashes or chapped skin, ie very soothing. If you make it with rapeseed, sunflower or sesame seed oil as a base, it can be used for most people's skins, even the most sensitive!

BB

Nick
Nick O'Connor

PostAuthor: Nick O'Connor » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:45 pm

Hi Tylluan

Magical herb use - part 3. As I prepare a new batch of comfrey & plantain salve for 2014 (very good for muscular aches and pains), here is a tip for those who do not make that many herbal remedies from scratch. My tip is that you should use as many herbs as possible to leaven the effect of your medicines at the start, ie add some chamomile, rosemary, yarrow, peppermint or cloves, to avoid an over-concentration of the key herbs. For example, since my comfrey/plantain salve is designed to be rubbed into a person's skin, I will add about 5g of calendula to the general mix, just to make the ointment a little smoother.

BB

Nick
Nick O'Connor

PostAuthor: Tylluan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:54 pm

Thanks Nick - I am loving your tips. Thank you so much :)

)O(
Tylluan

PostAuthor: Nick O'Connor » Tue May 27, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi Everyone

So here we are - spring bank holiday and half term (for me) and, true to form, the weather turns cold and rainy. So, I thought I'd prepare a few jars of a warming mix for the remainder of the year. It's a salve, with a beeswax/sunflower oil base and the main ingredients are ginger + calendula. The dried marigolds ensure that the ginger is not too abrasive, but the ointment is designed to help circulation in general.

Blessed Be
Nick O'Connor
Nick O'Connor

Return to Herbs